• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Next Big Stars

Athlai

Not Terrible
Who will be the McGrath's, Warne's, Tendulkar's and Lara's of tomorrow? Which young (or older) stars of today will be impressing in years to come?

Who will standout?

My own picks for the Kiwi team will be:

Southee
Taylor
Ryder
Hay
Anderson

I personally believe Taylor can become one of the top 5 Test batsman in the world, while I have hopes that Southee can dominate. Ryder could go either way, into drunken obscurity or he could be a world leader. The two others though yet to poke their noses in the international scene have a lot of talent in their pockets and could definitely go on to become stars.

What about the likes of Steyn, Sharma, Broad, Malinga do any of these young guys have the potential and the mental ability to do well on the world stage?

(Rich to look this page up in 5 years time to comment on who was right and wrong FTW)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jesse "He plays different in FC cricket yet drinks the same before and after" Ryder actually.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Yep, Jesse "Forget about the last one, get yourself another" Ryder and Rosco for the Kiwis. Southee possibly.

Out of the top of my head:
Ishant Sharma
Dale Steyn
Stuart Broad
Alistair Cook
Michael Clarke
Mitchell Johnson

ret

International Debutant
for India .... from what i recall from the top of my head

Ishant Sharma
Rohit Sharma
Gambhir
Uthappa

Flem274*

123/5
Love these threads. Its all about which player has the biggest fan club, no hard evidence required.:laugh:

So...

James Marshall
Sylvester Joseph
Liam Plunkett
James Anderson

jeevan

International 12th Man
for India .... from what i recall from the top of my head

Ishant Sharma
Rohit Sharma
Gambhir
Uthappa
Both the Sharmas, absolutely. They get my first vote in the bowling and batting departments from India.

Gambhir debuted on the international scene 4+ years ago and so probably doesnt meet the intent of this thread (in any case, I doubt he'll be a bigger star than what he is right now). Uthappa, I think he is probably among the top 2-3 choices among several equals (like Sreesanth for eg) and not a star as such.

If we overlook the debuted 4+ years ago aspect, I think (or rather hope) that Irfan Pathan will have a lasting impact as a true all rounder.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Dunno, bit too early to tell imo, wait until he gets a few more matches under his belt.
Think he and this bloke called 'Warne' could have some interesting battles in the future if they ever get further opportunities at test level.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure, reckon his weight might be a bit of an issue, certainly doesn't have a test class physique.