• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Next Big Stars

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
as for Pak I believe Sohail Khan would turn out huge.
91 wickets at 18.72 in FC cricket is certainly very good, but I have noticed that Pakistani medium pacers tend to have good FC records in general. Sohail's does exceed others though, but I'd be weary when backing him to 'turn out huge'.

Xuhaib

International Coach
91 wickets at 18.72 in FC cricket is certainly very good, but I have noticed that Pakistani medium pacers tend to have good FC records in general. Sohail's does exceed others though, but I'd be weary when backing him to 'turn out huge'.
I never back Pakistani cricketers based on their FC records since they are misleading ue to various reasons. Take an example of Samiullah Niazi he had a great FC record and was hyped up quite a bit but when I first saw him bowl I just knew that he isn't int class and thats what happened in his debut series against mighty Zimbabwe he was tonked to all parts.

After watching Sohail Khan I certainly feel he will be able to deliver the goods on the international stage. He certainly is not the finished article yet but has all the basic ingrediants that are needed to be a good test match bowler.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I never back Pakistani cricketers based on their FC records since they are misleading ue to various reasons.
Regardless of how poor Pakistan domestic cricket can of times be (and I'm prepared to believe it could be very bad indeed) would it not make zero sense ever for the notion of someone who did less well at domestic level than another to do more well at international than that same person?

Surely, while many players with good domestic records may indeed not be international standard nor close, someone who cannot even hack domestic cricket has no chance?

bond21

Banned
I think Broad will do well, but wont be a match winner.

Steyn will be a match winner, he already is, but hes young and very promising.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Agreed with you about Steyn. He's quite an up and comer. Him and Sharma based on recent performances are leading the pack.

FBU

International Debutant
Sharma 5 Tests 12 wickets at 45.58
ODIs 10 matches 14 wickets at 23.07.

Maybe he is going to be an ODI star.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Broad will do well, but wont be a match winner.

Steyn will be a match winner, he already is, but hes young and very promising.
Agreed with you about Steyn. He's quite an up and comer. Him and Sharma based on recent performances are leading the pack.
He's hardly up and coming with over 100 test victims.
Quick glance over his FC clubs history would suggest he's going to be an absolute gun.