• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Next Big Stars

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think Don Bradman is shaping up to be the better bowler, has some handy lower order slogging too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Have heard good things about this 'Viv Richards'. Not convinced myself. Will need to see him turning out some decent knocks first.

Matteh

Saw him last year playing for some club side. No footwork, also held the bat the wrong way up as well. Whole team fell about laughing.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can't be as bad as this WG Grace lad. Talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. Will never have an impact on the game.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Though on a more on topic front, Clarke is already a star and Johnson should do well, though I don't think he'll average anything under 25, so I don't think he will be a star.

Sharma is just as likely to go completely off the map ala M Patel as he is to be a star.

Also reckon it's fair enough to say Pathan is a future star as he could soon take up the mantle of the worlds best allrounder post Kallis.

Matteh

Heard Chris Martin will front an international band that make average music at my end.

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
Though on a more on topic front, Clarke is already a star and Johnson should do well, though I don't think he'll average anything under 25, so I don't think he will be a star.

Sharma is just as likely to go completely off the map ala M Patel as he is to be a star.

Also reckon it's fair enough to say Pathan is a future star as he could soon take up the mantle of the worlds best allrounder post Kallis.
Don't think he'll be quite as big as Kallis, only Sobers matches up to Kallis all-time anyway. But I can definitely see Pathan turning into a batting all-rounder in the future rather than the bowling allrounder he is now.

sideshowtim

Banned
Phil Hughes, Moises Henriques, Steve Smith

Moey is god. Took 5/70 and scored 141* in his Grade semi-final this weekend. Legend.

masterblaster

International Captain
Don't think he'll be quite as big as Kallis, only Sobers matches up to Kallis all-time anyway. But I can definitely see Pathan turning into a batting all-rounder in the future rather than the bowling allrounder he is now.
Pathan has so much potential, I just hope his bowling doesn't fall away again like it did the last couple of years. Another one from an Indian perspective is Praveen Kumar. He's only 21, is a very useful batsman and swings the ball a long way. His action seems very smooth and he's got a very unique wrist release. As long as he stays somewhat consistent, I think he'll be reasonably successful.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Have heard good things about this 'Viv Richards'. Not convinced myself. Will need to see him turning out some decent knocks first.
I reckon he'll be a fly-by-nighter who'll go alright for about 25 tests and be unbelievably average for the rest of them.

My tip - Kane Williamson. But give him a few years.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
By just 'looking' at them, both Sharmas seem to have 'it' when it comes to Indian cricket. rohit just looks like he oozes class when he bats, and enough has been posted and written on Ishant.

Praveen has been a domestic powerhouse for a while I believe, but he's shown it on the international stage and surprised everyone. Unlike the above two, Praveen doesn't look like a star (doesn't have a flamboyant look, style or stature), and was almost being mocked because of his pace by the Australian Channel 9 commentary team when they first saw him, but he proved them all wrong really, particularly in the 2nd final where he was swinging it both ways at will. Should go on to be a very good cricketer, if not a star.

Still reckon there's something in Raina too. Greg Chappell saw something in him out of all the young players in Indian cricket, there's gotta be something there, and he's still ridiculously young. Raina could do crap all for 5 years and turn out to be a star with a great career.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Freddie Coleman, Scott Dalgleish, Euan Chalmers, Scott Redhead, Richie Berrington, Moneeb Iqbal, Zeeshan Bashir.

Xuhaib

International Coach
By just 'looking' at them, both Sharmas seem to have 'it' when it comes to Indian cricket. rohit just looks like he oozes class when he bats, and enough has been posted and written on Ishant.

Praveen has been a domestic powerhouse for a while I believe, but he's shown it on the international stage and surprised everyone. Unlike the above two, Praveen doesn't look like a star (doesn't have a flamboyant look, style or stature), and was almost being mocked because of his pace by the Australian Channel 9 commentary team when they first saw him, but he proved them all wrong really, particularly in the 2nd final where he was swinging it both ways at will. Should go on to be a very good cricketer, if not a star.

Still reckon there's something in Raina too. Greg Chappell saw something in him out of all the young players in Indian cricket, there's gotta be something there, and he's still ridiculously young. Raina could do crap all for 5 years and turn out to be a star with a great career.
Yup always liked the look of Raina as for Pak I believe Sohail Khan would turn out huge.