• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The new hybrid

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I thought from his post that Goughy was more perplexed with the curious notion that Croft was a better bowler than Tufnell rather than Such.:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Think is no good - we need proper evidence.

And yes, this post was in jest, so DON'T start.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought from his post that Goughy was more perplexed with the curious notion that Croft was a better bowler than Tufnell rather than Such.:)
And I said, did I not - Tufnell had all things been equal would almost certainly have been a better bowler than Croft. They weren't, though - Tufnell was an oft troubled soul, which meant there were far too many occasions in his career that he wasn't available.

Of course, Croft was indeed ordinary - Tufnell too was ordinary. Just slightly less so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because I'm not really terribly concerned with what happened for Dunstable Town Second XI, so therefore I'm not going to be making a serious post about such a thing.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
And I said, did I not - Tufnell had all things been equal would almost certainly have been a better bowler than Croft. They weren't, though - Tufnell was an oft troubled soul, which meant there were far too many occasions in his career that he wasn't available.

Of course, Croft was indeed ordinary - Tufnell too was ordinary. Just slightly less so.
OK, still confused here. In your opinion was Croft the better bowler than Tufnell?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tufnell at his best > Croft at his best.

Croft's career > Tufnell's career.

Tufnell's career = ordinary. Croft's career = ordinary.

That is it.