• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Pakistan

James

Cricket Web Owner
April

Tue 8
1st ODI - Pakistan v Bangladesh
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Fri 11
2nd ODI - Pakistan v Bangladesh
Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad

Sun 13
3rd ODI - Pakistan v Bangladesh
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Wed 16
4th ODI - Pakistan v Bangladesh
Multan Cricket Stadium

Sat 19
5th ODI - Pakistan v Bangladesh
National Stadium, Karachi

Sun 20
Only Twenty20 International - Pakistan v Bangladesh
National Stadium, Karachi

Squads

Bangladesh

Mohammad Ashraful (capt), Mashrafe Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Aftab Ahmed, Nazimuddin, Shariar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Raqibul Hasan, Dhiman Ghosh (wk), Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hossain, Mahmudullah, Farhad Reza, Syed Rasel.

Pakistan

Shoaib Malik (captain), Salman Butt, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Rao Iftikhar, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz, Fawad Alam, Bazid Khan, Sarfraz Ahmed.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh to sneak an early win due to Pakistan not taking the opposition seriously enough and then to ride on sheer enthusiasm to a hard fought series win.

3-2

Heard it here first.

Aritro

International Regular
These days I have go into series involving Bangladesh with zero expectations*.

It will almost certainly be a clean sweep, although in this case I'm holding out the slight hope that the Pakistanis will have one of their now familiar brain explosions and we can nick a win at some stage.

I expect Tamim to come out of this series with an average of 40, as the Pakistani pitches will give their bowlers little assistance in exploiting his dodgy technique. He can rock back without moving his feet and flay his cut shots and drives with impunity.

I also expect Ashraful to stroke eight boundaries on the way to a stylish 40 during one of the games, and then do absolutely bugger all in the other four.

You heard it here first.

*err, other than the ones I just listed, obviously. D'oh!

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I also expect Ashraful to stroke eight boundaries on the way to a stylish 40 during one of the games, and then do absolutely bugger all in the other four.
Sounds about right.

I've got money on Pakistan not whitewashing the series, which raises the question, does it ever rain in Pakistan?

Athlai

Not Terrible
70/3 game is well in the balance here, this Pakistan team certainly doesn't look like it could easily run through an invigorated Bangladeshi side. Nafees and Tamim are two class act batsman at the top of the order and in years to come should form the basis of a strong team. Hoping that they bite this Pak team in the ass here.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
MoYO adn Malik turning it on now. Again a lack of quality back up bowlers hurting the opposition.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL @ the ridiculous run rate. 10 runs an over for the last ten overs, and 6 runs an over, overall.

What's the record for most number of runs scored in a day since the 90 over introduction? At this rate, they'll be 500 by stumps....

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL @ the ridiculous run rate. 10 runs an over for the last ten overs, and 6 runs an over, overall.

What's the record for most number of runs scored in a day since the 90 over introduction? At this rate, they'll be 500 by stumps....
That should go into somebody's signature:laugh: