• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Pakistan

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan keeping vital wickets in hand. Can't see them losing from here really.

Bangladesh missing Rana in my opinion. Rest In Peace :(

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Pakistan keeping vital wickets in hand. Can't see them losing from here really.

Bangladesh missing Rana in my opinion. Rest In Peace :(
Yeah, definitely. Such a sad loss. Selfishly, he'd be the perfect player at the moment - batting number seven and bowling a solid 10 overs every time.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, right, yeah. So Pakistan should have to score at the same rate even though they've got half the number of overs and 10 wickets in hand. By now D/L is surely accepted as the fairest measure. Also the fact that Bangladesh were robbed of two overs at the death where they would have lifted their run rate.

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
that D/L Method sucks big time...Pakistan should have gotten a target where they had to play at the rate of 4.6 coz Bangla scored at this rate...but what did we get ? 6.3...that was really unfair...but Salman Butt and Yousuf and rest of the batsman did really well...credit goes to Pakistan...They deserved to win

Beleg

International Regular
Ah, right, yeah. So Pakistan should have to score at the same rate even though they've got half the number of overs and 10 wickets in hand. By now D/L is surely accepted as the fairest measure. Also the fact that Bangladesh were robbed of two overs at the death where they would have lifted their run rate.

Lifted their rate to over 6 from under 5?

8-)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
that D/L Method sucks big time...Pakistan should have gotten a target where they had to play at the rate of 4.6 coz Bangla scored at this rate
Haha, no. Bangladesh were under the assumption of more overs. When you're under the impression that you have more overs to bat, you score more slowly. Note the difference between the scoring rates of a Twenty20 game and a Test match, for an exaggerated example.

cricman

International 12th Man
I thought they had it, 19 runs of the 46th over and than Free Hit and all of a sudden Mashrafe starts swinging and missing Full tosses and we lose by 23 runs :(

Tamim's run out was unfortunate honestly a freak play 99 outta 100 times it's a 4 and 99 outta 100 time a guy doesn't hit the stumps from the boundary line, Ashraful run out hurt, Aftab playing a reverse sweep made me :(

I think we'll pull out a win in the next 2.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh dear. Finally they get the batting right and it's still less than what the opposition can produce. I won't write off Bangladesh winning a match but I think their chance has gone.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great performance chasing a big total there in that 3rd ODI. Well done Bangladesh.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Very well done..and i must say unexpected!! I never expected them to win any of these matches....all I hoped for was a decent batting performance...because their bowling has always been above average! The only reason they lost the match was because they have never been in such situations before..I dont think they believed they could win this match when they went into bat..and thats what caused those silly runouts!!

Anyways, for the sake of cricket, I hope Tamim Iqbal and Shakib are better and more mature players after this match!!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tamim :cool: is the future of Bangers cricket. Solid opener. Showed his stuff to us Kiwi's now he's showing it again. Go you beauty go.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I really like Younis Khan, but FFS he's a whinger. Will throw his toys whenever he's given the opportunity.

You get the feeling he's sick of the PCB, which is fair enough, but what surprises me is he didn't take his cricket kit and just go to the ICL with the cash.

Still reckon he's a gun though. Big fan, just wish he'd stop crying all the time.
Well he eventually pulled out of this series citing personal reasons and the rumour mill is suggesting that he is contemplating early retirement. Apparently his sick and tired of all the 'drama' which surrounds represents Pakistani cricket.

Hopefully that’s just a rumour for if Pakistan loses Khan then they will well and truly be down **** creek.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ton for Shakib. :) Came at a fair lick as well and critically Bangladesh now has some runs to defend. Credit to Mortaza as well for keeping Shakib company, nearly a hundred run standard for the ninth wicket.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Code:
16/04/2008  8:59:10 PM  [B]we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?[/B]  like 4 or 5 down already 
16/04/2008  9:00:08 PM  [B]we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?[/B]  Al Hasan to ton up though
Code:
16/04/2008  9:46:20 PM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair[/B]  i'll make an outlandish statement here 
16/04/2008  9:46:25 PM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair[/B]  but Bangladesh could still win this 
16/04/2008  9:46:44 PM  [B]we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?[/B]  yeah, odds on IMO. :| 
16/04/2008  9:47:05 PM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  [/B]Shakib archors it 
16/04/2008  9:47:15 PM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  [/B]Ghosh, Mashrafe, Razzak and Shahadat chip in with a few 
16/04/2008  9:47:17 PM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair[/B]  can get 200 
16/04/2008  9:47:23 PM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair[/B]  Pakistan can die chasing 
16/04/2008  9:47:38 PM  [B]we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?[/B]  Ghosh has a good chance to make a name for herself

:cool:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Code:
17/04/2008  12:37:51 AM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  [/B]righto 
17/04/2008  12:42:51 AM  [B]we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?[/B]  need a wicket boy 
17/04/2008  12:42:52 AM  [B]we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop? [/B] s 
17/04/2008  12:43:11 AM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair[/B]  yeah 
17/04/2008  12:43:12 AM  [B]we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop? [/B] butt going to hit it to cover 
17/04/2008  12:43:57 AM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  [/B]haha
Code:
5.4 Shahadat Hossain to Salman Butt, 2 runs, dropped! fuller and wide outside the off stump, driven in the air to extra cover, goes through Mahmudullah Riad's hand to the deep.
Code:
17/04/2008  [B]12:46:43 AM  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?[/B]  LOL 
17/04/2008  [B]12:46:52 AM  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair  Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop? [/B] with that, im off. 
17/04/2008  12:46:58 AM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair[/B]  alright 
17/04/2008  12:46:59 AM  [B]Stedman | Just like balloons, who gives a damn if it goes pop?  we were hoping for some rooooooooooooooomance, all we found was more des-pair[/B]  catch