• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Herschelle Gibbs arrested

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it was for drink driving then he is a scumbag. Ridiculously irresponsible of him and I hope they're not lenient on him becuase of who he is. Terrible terrible thing to do.

Protean

State Regular
Has been released on R500 bail, going to court in June. Will be watching to see what CSA have to say.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Has been released on R500 bail, going to court in June. Will be watching to see what CSA have to say.
Probably not a lot considering what his done in the past. Use to be a terrible yet, strangely believable rumour about Gibbs and what his pre-match ritual involved and it wasn’t a bottle of Jack Daniels and some pizza.

Flem274*

123/5
Is this his first oopsie? (CBF reading the article). If it is then I'm willing to forgive and forget, we all make mistakes so I hope the "Holier than thou" rubbish doesn't pop up. If he's been doing this constantly however then its very disappointing obviously and he needs to take a good look in the mirror.

sideshowtim

Banned
Is this his first oopsie? (CBF reading the article). If it is then I'm willing to forgive and forget, we all make mistakes so I hope the "Holier than thou" rubbish doesn't pop up. If he's been doing this constantly however then its very disappointing obviously and he needs to take a good look in the mirror.
Hasn't be been involved in match fixing? And then there was the 'racist' comments thing (whether you agree with it or not)...This is hardly the first time he's been in trouble.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If it was for drink driving then he is a scumbag. Ridiculously irresponsible of him and I hope they're not lenient on him becuase of who he is. Terrible terrible thing to do.
Hardly the first time a South African international has been in trouble for drink-driving though - remember Andre Nel was sent home from an A tour in Australia in, what, 2002/03, for the same offence?

And knowing what I know from speaking to our resident South Africans Richard "Langeveldt" Hingston and Kev "Goughy", drink-driving is alarmingly commonly present in South Africa. It's hardly going to help seeing Gibbs be caught for it, but equally it's not as if the problem isn't already considerable.

Last edited:

Protean

State Regular
Hardly the first time a South African international has been in trouble for drink-driving though - remember Andre Nel was sent home from an A tour in Australia in, what, 2002/03, for the same offence?

And knowing what I know from speaking to our resident South Africans Richard "Langeveldt" Hingston and Kev "Goughy", drink-driving is alarmingly prescient in South Africa. It's hardly going to help seeing Gibbs be caught for it, but equally it's not as if the problem isn't already considerable.
The fact that it is a problem here makes him doing it worse IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well obviously it doesn't make it better, but certainly does make it (to me) less surprising.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Hasn't be been involved in match fixing? And then there was the 'racist' comments thing (whether you agree with it or not)...
You forget his illicit assignations with marijuana (although those really shouldn't be illicit). <stoned smiley>

Last edited:

neville cardus

International Debutant
Love the quotes around it.....as if there were doubts.
Evidently there were, given that he was cleared of them. Quite where you see racism, as opposed to xenophobia (at a push) and condemnation of humans making animal noises, in "You ****ing bunch of ****ing animals! ****ing go back to the zoo! ****ing Pakistanis!" is difficult to divine.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Charged with impersonating a test cricketer? :p

And knowing what I know from speaking to our resident South Africans Richard "Langeveldt" Hingston and Kev "Goughy", drink-driving is alarmingly prescient in South Africa. It's hardly going to help seeing Gibbs be caught for it, but equally it's not as if the problem isn't already considerable.
It really isn't, you know. It's a logical impossibility for an abstract concept to display prescience.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Prescient:
foreknowledge; foresight
Something I'm well aware of. :huh: "An alarmingly prescient comment", for example.

Quite why I should have placed it in such context as my first post this thread is beyond me. Alliteration being the only possibility.

Swervy

International Captain
Prescient:
foreknowledge; foresight
Something I'm well aware of. :huh: "An alarmingly prescient comment", for example.

Quite why I should have placed it in such context as my first post this thread is beyond me. Alliteration being the only possibility.
Just go and edit the original mistake out, and try and make BB look like some bumbling fool.