cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Herschelle Gibbs arrested

flyplane Champion! Alien Invasion Champion! Bubble Trouble Champion!

Herschelle Gibbs arrested

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    for a second i thought he was in india
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Oh dear.

If it was for drink driving then he is a scumbag. Ridiculously irresponsible of him and I hope they're not lenient on him becuase of who he is. Terrible terrible thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Has been released on R500 bail, going to court in June. Will be watching to see what CSA have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Has been released on R500 bail, going to court in June. Will be watching to see what CSA have to say.
    Probably not a lot considering what his done in the past. Use to be a terrible yet, strangely believable rumour about Gibbs and what his pre-match ritual involved and it wasn’t a bottle of Jack Daniels and some pizza.

Is this his first oopsie? (CBF reading the article). If it is then I'm willing to forgive and forget, we all make mistakes so I hope the "Holier than thou" rubbish doesn't pop up. If he's been doing this constantly however then its very disappointing obviously and he needs to take a good look in the mirror.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Is this his first oopsie? (CBF reading the article). If it is then I'm willing to forgive and forget, we all make mistakes so I hope the "Holier than thou" rubbish doesn't pop up. If he's been doing this constantly however then its very disappointing obviously and he needs to take a good look in the mirror.
    Hasn't be been involved in match fixing? And then there was the 'racist' comments thing (whether you agree with it or not)...This is hardly the first time he's been in trouble.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Love the quotes around it.....as if there were doubts.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    If it was for drink driving then he is a scumbag. Ridiculously irresponsible of him and I hope they're not lenient on him becuase of who he is. Terrible terrible thing to do.
    Hardly the first time a South African international has been in trouble for drink-driving though - remember Andre Nel was sent home from an A tour in Australia in, what, 2002/03, for the same offence?

And knowing what I know from speaking to our resident South Africans Richard "Langeveldt" Hingston and Kev "Goughy", drink-driving is alarmingly commonly present in South Africa. It's hardly going to help seeing Gibbs be caught for it, but equally it's not as if the problem isn't already considerable.
    Last edited by Richard; 28-03-2008 at 08:49 AM.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hardly the first time a South African international has been in trouble for drink-driving though - remember Andre Nel was sent home from an A tour in Australia in, what, 2002/03, for the same offence?

And knowing what I know from speaking to our resident South Africans Richard "Langeveldt" Hingston and Kev "Goughy", drink-driving is alarmingly prescient in South Africa. It's hardly going to help seeing Gibbs be caught for it, but equally it's not as if the problem isn't already considerable.
    The fact that it is a problem here makes him doing it worse IMO.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Well obviously it doesn't make it better, but certainly does make it (to me) less surprising.

International Debutant neville cardus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Hasn't be been involved in match fixing? And then there was the 'racist' comments thing (whether you agree with it or not)...
    You forget his illicit assignations with marijuana (although those really shouldn't be illicit). <stoned smiley>
    Last edited by neville cardus; 28-03-2008 at 08:44 AM.
    "To go to a cricket match for nothing but cricket is as though a man were to go into an inn for nothing but drink." - Neville Cardus
    "What do they know of cricket who only cricket know?" - CLR James

International Debutant neville cardus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Love the quotes around it.....as if there were doubts.
    Evidently there were, given that he was cleared of them. Quite where you see racism, as opposed to xenophobia (at a push) and condemnation of humans making animal noises, in "You ****ing bunch of ****ing animals! ****ing go back to the zoo! ****ing Pakistanis!" is difficult to divine.
    Last edited by neville cardus; 28-03-2008 at 08:42 AM.

Charged with impersonating a test cricketer?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

And knowing what I know from speaking to our resident South Africans Richard "Langeveldt" Hingston and Kev "Goughy", drink-driving is alarmingly prescient in South Africa. It's hardly going to help seeing Gibbs be caught for it, but equally it's not as if the problem isn't already considerable.
    It really isn't, you know. It's a logical impossibility for an abstract concept to display prescience.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Brexit is the Tory party's baby; it's been a long and painful labour and, at the very last minute, they've sh@t all over it.'" - Frankie Boyle

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information