• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ECB offers to host Pakistan-Australia Test series

Xuhaib

International Coach
http://www.dawn.com/2008/03/27/spt4.htm

LAHORE, March 26: The England and Wales Cricket Board has offered the PCB to play its recently postponed home series against Australia in England sometime in July.

Though the PCB has already ruled out the chances of holding the series at any neutral venue, board’s chairman Dr Nasim Ashraf informed the members of the Governing Board about the offer.

The members have asked the PCB chairman to wait till he received a written offer from the ECB which is expected anytime now.

It is learnt the ECB had verbally offered $10 million to PCB for each Test match.

According to the offer, two of the three Test matches will be played inside London and one in another city.

In accepting the offer from ECB, the PCB will have to take a u-turn on its early policies of refusing the proposal of Cricket Australia (CA) of holding the series at any neutral venue.

However, it will help the board to recover huge losses incurred due to the late withdrawal of Ricky Ponting’s men from the March-April tour over security reasons.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds ok to me.I think if we have a fit pace attack then i believe we could trouble Aus in english conditions.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was thinking, hmmm could go and watch, then I saw two in London, wonder where the other would be :(:unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well there's very interesting.

I touched on this matter in the previous thread about said Test series, and I thought there was no way on Earth the ECB would want another international contest during the English season.

Very surprised indeed that they do, and if they think it could work-out well for cricket over here I'd be all for it and it'd be a bit of a shame if Pakistan dismissed it out-of-hand.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That is very nice of ECB to offer. Hopefully, it'll work out. I'm still very disappointed in CA, but if the tour moves ahead at least, that'll be good.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i wish PCB accepts it.. the fans wants to see cricket wether in pakistan or Aus or England.. PCB should know that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i wish PCB accepts it.. the fans wants to see cricket wether in pakistan or Aus or England.. PCB should know that.
I see what you mean, and a big part of me agrees, but another part want the PCB to tell CA to shove it.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Was thinking, hmmm could go and watch, then I saw two in London, wonder where the other would be :(:unsure:
I'd imagine it would be Birmingham or Leeds given the high population of Pakistanis in both cities. Can't see it happening though, English conditions would surely suit Australia more.

Craig

World Traveller
Reckon they (PCB) will tell Cricket Australia and the ECB to put it where the sun don't shine.

Beleg

International Regular
Definitely more Pakistani supporters in the Greater Manchester area. Not to mention the rest of Lancs.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Definitely more Pakistani supporters in the Greater Manchester area. Not to mention the rest of Lancs.
West Midlands has the largest population of British Pakistanis in the UK followed by London and then Yorkshire etc.

Beleg

International Regular
Hmm, I wasn't actually aware so many British Pakistanis lived in Birmingham. Interesting.

Though the percentage of Pakistanis in the Greater Manchester area as a fraction of whole would still eclipse Birmingham.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Hmm, I wasn't actually aware so many British Pakistanis lived in Birmingham. Interesting.

Though the percentage of Pakistanis in the Greater Manchester area as a fraction of whole would still eclipse Birmingham.
According to the 2001 census 172,400 in the West Midlands (105,000 in Birmingham), 163,800 in Greater London, and 163,400 in Yorkshire and the Humber.

133,900 in North West including Manchester, Rochdale, Oldham, Blackburn, Nelson/Pendle, Bolton, Accrington/Hyndburn, Bury, Trafford, and Stockport.

sideshowtim

Banned
Accepting this would the most sensible thing Pakistan could do really...I mean the money they stand to lose for having some kind of stance based on principles is just not worth it. Just hold the tour at a neutral venue and get it over with.

Craig

World Traveller
Accepting this would the most sensible thing Pakistan could do really...I mean the money they stand to lose for having some kind of stance based on principles is just not worth it. Just hold the tour at a neutral venue and get it over with.
Sanz, SS all foaming at the mouth AWS.