• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Mark Ramprakash play for England this summer?

Will Mark Ramprakash play for England this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Honestly wouldn't want to make the call. A new selection panel has barely begun to take effect at the current time, and how they shall see fit to act is anyone's guess.

Obviously, if Ramprakash should average 20 in his first 4 games I think we could fairly safely rule it out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I would doubt it personally. Strauss has probably bought himself the NZ series at least & may actually hit form again at some point. Anyway, even if he fails or there's an injury I imagine Shah will (& definitely should) get the next go, so Ramps would be reliant on at least two batters breaking down.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Definite no, if he was to have made a return to the side it would've happened already. Especially with the likes of Shah and Wright, who have been around the team for England's last few tours pushing for a batting spot.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Definite no, if he was to have made a return to the side it would've happened already. Especially with the likes of Shah and Wright, who have been around the team for England's last few tours pushing for a batting spot.
They already seem to have their middle order full and when Flintoff comes back and Shah still around, I don't see where Ramprakash can fit in, tbh.

But a very stylish player, would love it if he does make the side and does a McKenzie, obviously in the middle order though, than opening. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Luke Wright ever plays a Test-match I shall probably kill the person responsible.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thing is, though, he's shown himself that before, for many many years in fact. He's even scored 2,000 runs in a season before now, too.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One more, now that he has shown himself as unarguably the best batsman in FC County Cricket.
Unconvinced. Ramps scoring well at FC level is old hat. The old 'one more chance' was uttered many times in the 90's and he got plenty of them, even when he didn't deserve them. It's the same reason why Mike Bevan wasn't selected late in his career for Aus despite dominating for a year of Pura Cup cricket late in his career and scoring a hundred almost every game; he had many chances and a selection like that would hardly be a long-term one.