• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Mark Ramprakash play for England this summer?

Will Mark Ramprakash play for England this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dempo

Cricket Spectator
Not a chance. Ramprakash had his chance and blew it sadly. But what an incredible start to the season. Does this man ever get bored of scoring runs?

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
So did Mark Butcher and Usman Afzaal ITBT. Don't see a recall for either of them though. Thankfully so (for Tests) in the case of the latter.
I've always thought Mark Butcher to be a poor cricketer and you know as well as me that Afzaal should of been a regular in the colours.

BTW, is Butcher of an Asian background?

tooextracool

International Coach
I've always thought Mark Butcher to be a poor cricketer and you know as well as me that Afzaal should of been a regular in the colours.

WOuldnt consider Butcher a poor cricketer but rather an ordinary one. Reason being that he has ounces of potential and very poor temperament.

tooextracool

International Coach
Unfortunately Ramprakash will not get a chance because the England selectors prefer investing in players with no future like Andrew Strauss rather than focussing on winning the next Ashes series.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
WOuldnt consider Butcher a poor cricketer but rather an ordinary one. Reason being that he has ounces of potential and very poor temperament.
Ok, would saying that he was a poor Test player be a better statement? For the first half of his career his averaged the slightest of tocks above 30, how he managed to play 70 odd Tests is beyond me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LOL Rich I hope that rolleyes was in jest :p
Ind33d.
Is Lancs the best supported county amongst the English sides on CW?
Well I can think of yourself, Bennett, Dav, cpr, and I'm sure there's someone else too. Can't think of anyone else with that much favouritism - only Yorkshire fans on here, for instance, are Kev, myself and Morris to my knowledge.

More than anything, though, Lancs is the overwhelming presence (UK-wise, at least - plenty of Victorians too) on CW, because the Lancs fans are BIG posters and post lots on Lancs-related subjects.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've always thought Mark Butcher to be a poor cricketer
Poor form. Butcher was always a highly capable batsman, just someone for whom everything went wrong early in his career, after he'd first looked to have been establishing himself - and he wasn't helped by continuing to be picked for too long (once going 23 innings without a half-century while missing just 1 Test - most people would be dropped long before they managed that). After his recall in 2001 he was a good Test batsman, always, and might well still be playing now but for misfortune.
and you know as well as me that Afzaal should of been a regular in the colours.
In ODIs, yes - but he should never have got anywhere near the Test side.
As Dav said - mixed British-Caribbean. His dad, Alan Butcher, played a single Test for England, so therefore his mum is from somewhere in West Indies.