• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Double Handed XI

irfan

State Captain
Players who bat with one hand and bowl with the other

I.e. Klusener (RFM, LHB)
Zaheer (LFM, RHB)

For simplicity you can pick any wicketkeeper :)

Here's my Test XI based on current players

G Smith
C Gayle
K Sangakkara+
M Clarke
S Ganguly (c)
M Hussey
J Oram
Z Khan
RP Singh
P Harris
M Asif

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
Asif bats left-handed? :unsure:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he does.

My effort, recentish;

Hayden
Langer
Lara
Sanga+
Inzamam
Hussey
Oram
Klusener
Z Khan
Harris (no better spinners fit the bill AFAIK)
Asif

I reckon that's a decent little side.

Last edited:

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
Fleming can also come in this XI. Probably in place of Ganguly?
Fleming vs. Ganguly, that is an interesting competition. Ganguly has more centuries, a slightly better average and strike rate, although there's no doubt that Fleming has been more important to his side than Ganguly has over the years. In a side like this, with other talented batsmen, I'd take Sourav. If I needed to pick between the two as someone to build my side around, I'd take Fleming.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It's really quite common now to bat with one hand and bowl with the other, now that a lot of youngsters are taught to bat the 'other way round'.

'Handedness' is a bit of an interest of mine and I've been interested for a while in finding out about bowlers who bowl 'with the other hand'. The only two I have been able to find out about are Darren Gough and Shane Watson. Does anyone know of any others, especially any where they discuss it and how it came about?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's really quite common now to bat with one hand and bowl with the other, now that a lot of youngsters are taught to bat the 'other way round'.

'Handedness' is a bit of an interest of mine and I've been interested for a while in finding out about bowlers who bowl 'with the other hand'. The only two I have been able to find out about are Darren Gough and Shane Watson. Does anyone know of any others, especially any where they discuss it and how it came about?
I'd never heard of any TBH and I'd have thought it was damn near impossible to bowl\throw with the hand which is not your natural (though Fred Trueman was something of an ambidextrose and could bowl more than passable left-arm fingerspin, and did in exhibition matches from time to time). Batting, of course, is rather different, and while there's a connection (my dad always tried to teach me to bat left-handed but I refused as right-handed felt better) it's not entirely accurate to call it "left-handed" and "right-handed" as you can manufacture a player to do the opposite if they try hard enough.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd never heard of any TBH and I'd have thought it was damn near impossible to bowl\throw with the hand which is not your natural (though Fred Trueman was something of an ambidextrose and could bowl more than passable left-arm fingerspin, and did in exhibition matches from time to time). Batting, of course, is rather different, and while there's a connection (my dad always tried to teach me to bat left-handed but I refused as right-handed felt better) it's not entirely accurate to call it "left-handed" and "right-handed" as you can manufacture a player to do the opposite if they try hard enough.
I think I read somewhere that Ian Harvey was known as "Freak" because he could bowl in the nets with his left hand just as quickly & accurately as with his right.