• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Phew. Would have been gutted to see How fall four short of a well-deserved 50.
And TBH I'm annoyed he's now got a half-century he should have fallen just short of. :dry:

Let's hope we get him again soon and this time it's held.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
With the forums appearing to be working again... MSP gets Taylor. Don't know if we'll ever be able to say for certain there, and as such I think you can say that should've been n\o. That's even-up for MSP, but England are now 2-1 up in "luck with let-offs\saw-offs" stakes. If we do win this, I think NZ can say we were helped by Umpires legitimately.

Unless, obviously, we lose 4 wickets in our run-chase to baddies.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
With the forums appearing to be working again... MSP gets Taylor. Don't know if we'll ever be able to say for certain there, and as such I think you can say that should've been n\o. That's even-up for MSP, but England are now 2-1 up in "luck with let-offs\saw-offs" stakes. If we do win this, I think NZ can say we were helped by Umpires legitimately.

How was it not out?

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Hope How manages to get on the honours board for his 27th birthday. And Brendon makes up for not being on there first innings and 2004!

And with that I'm off to bed :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How was it not out?
Actually, having spotted the fact it carried to slip... :wallbash: and in any case on HotSpot that there was no contact between bat and ball...

I guess that was out and fair enough. :)

If he had it it he should've been caught slip, presuming he didn't that he was plumb lbw.

Whack!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

If there is a chase and it looks juicy I'm considering sending myself home from work

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is make-or-break. If we get him before lunch then I believe we will win, and if we get him in the first hour after lunch...it's possible. If he bats longer than that, thoguh, game over for mine. See KP @ Oval 05.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's well annoying when How is batting and you're cricinfoing. Every time I flick onto it, I keep thinking they are asking how, like "how was that not out?" etc

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh for goodness sake can't he at least wait untill lunch?
Interesting the number of times he's pulled away - apparently due to chat. So plenty of big words flying around it would seem.

Reckon he'll last until Lunch now though TBH.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think 4 down was our minimum requirement if we want to win the game. Given the strength of NZ's lower order, even that might not have been enough. As it is, it's going to take something astonishing for NZ to lose this now, and I don't think England have anyone good enough to make that happen. I still think it was poor captaincy to leave Anderson on as long as he did: 90 minutes or so is a heck of a long spell. Probably not the deciding factor though.