• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England to play only two Tests in India

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How many Boxing Day test @ melbourne have england so far played ????8-)

India played 4 test and 7 ODI's in england last time around..so england should play 7 ODI and minimum 3 test ..instaed they bring up a filthy reason which doesnt matter when they are touring Australia or South Africa :@
3 tests tbh

Craig

World Traveller
They do it in South Africa as well.

Anyway don't the player's wifes/girl friend/friend with benefits scheme and any children they might have all appear on tour at some point, especially the longer ones?

Crap really, it should be a law that they have to play at least 3-4 Tests. Anybody who dares to suggest anything else will be required to be jettison from a cannon.

PY

International Coach
Heard that penal education wasn't so great nowadays. Blame it on the Indians!

EDIT: Haha SS you rat bag!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How many Boxing Day test @ melbourne have england so far played ????8-)

India played 4 test and 7 ODI's in england last time around..so england should play 7 ODI and minimum 3 test ..instaed they bring up a filthy reason which doesnt matter when they are touring Australia or South Africa :@
So a Boxing Day Test is a traditional part of India's season?

Didn't think so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never been a massive fan of 4 Tests TBH, though clearly it > 3. Generally, the only time 4-Test series are played is when the schedule is being squeezed around something else - certainly I can't remember any outside England and West Indies, though there might perfectly possibly have been some. (Something's suggesting to me there may have been with New Zealand in the old days)

Right now, the only things I really want to see as 5 Tests are England-Australia, England-South Africa and India-Pakistan. Sadly, though, schedules cannot always allow.

I can't remember the last time a 5-Test series was played in the subcontinent or New Zealand. Not even absolutely certain a 5-Test series has ever been played in New Zealand. :unsure: And this isn't purely due to scheduling desires of the home board - sometimes, they just haven't been given fair opportunity.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just reckon that 4 Tests usually produce a result as there would generally be a draw. Absolutely no evidence to back that up though.