cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZ's commentators

Banned

NZ's commentators

So I was listening to the NZ commentary on the NZ vs England game on Fox and I honestly could not tell the difference between Martin Crowe, Ian Smith and Richardson.

They all sound exactly the same, whereas Doull is more distinct.

Anyone else notice this?

99*
    Quote Originally Posted by bond21 View Post
    So I was listening to the NZ commentary on the NZ vs England game on Fox and I honestly could not tell the difference between Martin Crowe, Ian Smith and Richardson.

Anyone else notice this?
    Rigger and Doullie are easy. But yea I often confuse Smith and Crowe, not sure why though, think it might be their bad jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by bond21 View Post

Anyone else notice this?
    I have no problem distinguishing them.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I have no problem distinguishing them.
    I guess you've done a fair bit of concentrating on the NZ commentary, waiting for your "Sinclair alert" to go off...

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    I guess you've done a fair bit of concentrating on the NZ commentary, waiting for your "Sinclair alert" to go off...
    My friends and family have started to notice that I'm picking up the accent..

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Ian Smith is near enough impossible to mistake for someone else for all but the most unperceptive dumbaesses. Martin Crowe is fairly obvious too, and fortunately I don't have to listen to the likes of Richardson and Doull very often.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Ian Smith is near enough impossible to mistake for someone else for all but the most unperceptive dumbaesses. Martin Crowe is fairly obvious too, and fortunately I don't have to listen to the likes of Richardson and Doull very often.
    Loathe as I am to agree with Richard, I think he's about right there. Smith & Crowe are easily identifiable, but Doull & Rigour seem largely interchangeable.

Best of the lot is Jeremy Coney tho for my money, but he's stuck up here in our Sky's studios. Volts said he's training to be a thespian, but not sure if he was taking the Mickey Bliss or not...
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Brexit is the Tory party's baby; it's been a long and painful labour and, at the very last minute, they've sh@t all over it.'" - Frankie Boyle

I kid you not, BB.

Yeah Coney is great I think he has good chemistry with Charlie colville much better than Craig Spearman who if he was anymore wooden would grow branches. Saying that I would still prefer him to be commentating.

Anyone watching the other night when David Gower told Doull off for saying ":bugger off".

So OTT for me especailly for the channel that aired Ian Botham saying "for F**ks sake" during a pitch analysis a couple of years back & offered no apology.

WTF? Seriously? Which game was that?

"Bugger" is a) hardly a bad word and b) no stranger to Sky Sports, after Jonty Rhodes said "hopefully he (Andrew Hall) will bugger off soon" in 2004.

I think it was the first ODI Engalnd played at Chester Le Street in 2000, Botham doing the pitch report during a howing gayle kneels down to point to a part of the pitch is struggling to hold the micrphone & do the pitch report the audio pretty bad due to wind aswell, I assume the producer is telling him through his earpeace that he can't be heard properly & suddenly Botham loses his composure lets out a very audiable " For f**ks sake".

The screen cuts back to Gower in the studio who does sheepish laugh talks to the guests in studio then after about 2 mins says "lets try this again" & they go back to Botham who has regained his composure and completes the pitch report.

Rather funny at the time remember there being a little coverage of the incident in the tablids the following day.

Yeah? Funny, don't remember that at all, and I watched that game from first second of coverage to last (unlike most in that series, as Mum and Dad had seperated that summer and I only went around Dad's place - where the ONdigital box was - for 2 games in that series, that one and the final), remember spotting Darren Gough walking down some steps in the background and exclaiming "Gooooouuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

Maybe that was during the would-be pitch-report.

Jeremy Coney is one of the guys I most like listening to, in terms of all analysts/pundits/commentators. He just talks good common sense without being condescending, lot of time for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yeah? Funny, don't remember that at all, and I watched that game from first second of coverage to last (unlike most in that series, as Mum and Dad had seperated that summer and I only went around Dad's place - where the ONdigital box was - for 2 games in that series, that one and the final), remember spotting Darren Gough walking down some steps in the background and exclaiming "Gooooouuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

Maybe that was during the would-be pitch-report.
    Can you remember if there was a howling gayle during that match? If there was it is defiantely that match.

Yeah, there certainly was - it was absolutely freezing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information