• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simple question

Are you a batter, bowler or an all-rounder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a bowler who likes to think he can bat (and bowl:laugh: ). I can hold up the middle-lower order (5-7) for my club U16 side, but that is about as high as I go.

99*

International Debutant
Former opening batsman. Although I did bowl a few of by off-spinners in the friendly games and the nets.

Laurrz

International Debutant
i dont play for a club or such.. but when playing for fun, always prefer bowling..coz im better at it lol (which doesnt say much) (spin and med pace) and much more fun :)

ret

International Debutant
no WK option in the poll

a batting all-rounder .... usually used to be the undisputed choice for captaincy

haven't touched bat for sometime now but will probably get back to decent batting after a few hits, can't say the same for bowling

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As for me, who's read Harry Potter? Well if you have, you'll have heard the term "squib". I am the Cricketing equivalent of a squib.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've never read Harry Potter, but I know the term 'squib' in the context of 'a damp squib' being, in my understanding, something built up but ultimately wholly disappointing.

I, of course, am primarily a bowler. Much slower now than I was thanks to a combination of age, beer and knees which are totally ****ed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As for me, who's read Harry Potter? Well if you have, you'll have heard the term "squib". I am the Cricketing equivalent of a squib.
I've never read Harry Potter, but I know the term 'squib' in the context of 'a damp squib' being, in my understanding, something built up but ultimately wholly disappointing.
Similar. It's someone who is born into a wizard family but has no magical powers. This, naturally, is a great disappointment to the parents.

Someone quote this so as Heath reads it please BTW?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Originally Posted by Richard
Similar. It's someone who is born into a wizard family but has no magical powers. This, naturally, is a great disappointment to the parents.

Someone quote this so as Heath reads it please BTW?...
Right-o. You learn a new thing every day, this little factoid having very little use until the chiddlers get to Harry Potter age, I guess.

lord brown

Cricket Spectator
Can do both but not played for a few years.

Never scored quickly but used to be a tough bugger to get out

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im a natural bowler but a batsman that has worked hard on my game rather than having any gift.

Im out of my depth against quality bowlers but murder average ones. Its the difference between the very good and the average batsmen. I cant take the step up as a batsman.

Bowling hurts like a bitch and takes a massive amount of effort. Im not going to do that at a lower level (plus it isnt really fair).

So basicaly, I enjoy batting more and do a great job at a lower level but if Im to play at a higher level its because of my bowling as that is my primary skill. Im never going to get picked as a batsman at a good standard but I dont have to bowl to be effective at the lower level.

Make sense?