• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Probably been done but: Mud XI for each nation?

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
You were essentially using Waugh's view as your own, which is understandable as you weren't born, but you were defending Dyer. It's not like I can debate Steve Waugh, is it?
True, that. However, I wasn't actually defending Dyer's actions. I was more describing, through the eyes of another, how Dyer claimed the catch, didn't realise his folly until the slo-mo (see! I admitted he committed a folly!) and wanted to apologise, but couldn't.

It's not like I actually said: "Oh, Greg Dyer was right to claim the catch (followed up with an explanation of why)." That would be defending him. Like you admit, its not like I really can, anyway.

I felt that you were being unfair because you slandered his character based on one single incident. It's not an uncommon thing to do, but I've learnt not to do it. It hurts when it's done to you.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
All fair points, but to be frank, Waugh's recollection of the event just doesn't match up to the video footage of the day, which clearly showed him scooping it up from the carpet. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be on Youtube.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
All fair points, but to be frank, Waugh's recollection of the event just doesn't match up to the video footage of the day, which clearly showed him scooping it up from the carpet. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be on Youtube.
I can't refute what you said and I did say that Dyer made a mistake by not calling him back. Assuming you're right, it's a matter of whether Dyer knew that he grassed it. If he did, then he cheated. If not, then he merely made an honest mistake.

Redbacks

International Captain
Tempting to put watson in the list but who wouldn't have put Symonds in these teams prior to the WC in South Africa?

We have had a pretty settled test team over the last 10 years.
Blewitt :wacko:
I think Elliot payed for unsettling the Australian team with his spot in the sqaud.
Bic's was a matchwinner for a good two years there in the Aus team and really our depth is what cost him more time in the Australian team.
Kaspa has performed very well in the sub-continent
Katich, M.Clarke, Watson still unproven.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Tempting to put watson in the list but who wouldn't have put Symonds in these teams prior to the WC in South Africa?

We have had a pretty settled test team over the last 10 years.
Blewitt :wacko:
I think Elliot payed for unsettling the Australian team with his spot in the sqaud.
Bic's was a matchwinner for a good two years there in the Aus team and really our depth is what cost him more time in the Australian team.
Kaspa has performed very well in the sub-continent
Katich, M.Clarke, Watson still unproven.
I agree...the way the selectors treated Bichel (and to a lesser extent, Kaspr) was simply appalling, although he was, IMO, rarely a matchwinner at the highest level (he did have a few outstanding games, though). Why did you put a :wacko: sign next to Blewett?

Redbacks

International Captain
I agree...the way the selectors treated Bichel (and to a lesser extent, Kaspr) was simply appalling, although he was, IMO, rarely a matchwinner at the highest level (he did have a few outstanding games, though). Why did you put a :wacko: sign next to Blewett?
I agree Bic's wasn't a match winner as such, maybe in one day games, but i meant to say he provided the team with a winning edge. Bit like Simon Jones in 05 ashes, coudl come on and take out a good player.

Blewett well having watched him at state level for the past years getting inside edges every second dig, he needed to fix up his technique to become a test player but never did. His record wasn't that bad though I guess, blew a couple chances at 100.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I shouldn't be bumping this thread, but I'd like to make one change. In my Test Mud XI, substitute Andy Bichel for Jo Angel.

Last edited: