• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket lovers with free time

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As some may know, I have the possibility of moving to Ghana. So Ive been researching the place.

I came upon this.

I dont know anything about it but it seems interesting and something gap years students or job-dodgers could look into.

Volunteer Cricket Coach in Ghana

"Travellers Worldwide, together with the Ghana Cricket Association, have set up a cricket development program to develop the sport in Ghana and to give Ghanaian children the opportunity to learn to play and compete within a new and exciting sport.

We're looking for cricket enthusiasts as volunteers who can continue with the ground work we've already started. We run a number of successful cricket tournaments and need volunteers to continue the good work of our previous volunteers running these tournaments and coaching at our schools. "

ret

International Debutant
they need a volunteer, so probably the salary [if any] is not that high .... it's a good opportunity for someone who wants a cricket coaching title on his resume, wants to go in this field and do something for cricket in Africa

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
they need a volunteer, so probably the salary [if any] is not that high .... it's a good opportunity for someone who wants a cricket coaching title on his resume and wants to go in this field
I think the idea is that the experience would be rewarding and exciting with the added benefit of making a difference.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
As some may know, I have the possibility of moving to Ghana. So Ive been researching the place.

I came upon this.

I dont know anything about it but it seems interesting and something gap years students or job-dodgers could look into.

Volunteer Cricket Coach in Ghana

"Travellers Worldwide, together with the Ghana Cricket Association, have set up a cricket development program to develop the sport in Ghana and to give Ghanaian children the opportunity to learn to play and compete within a new and exciting sport.

We're looking for cricket enthusiasts as volunteers who can continue with the ground work we've already started. We run a number of successful cricket tournaments and need volunteers to continue the good work of our previous volunteers running these tournaments and coaching at our schools. "
Job dodger would need to have a decent bank account to fund such a trip. Will cost you over 2 grand for merely twelve weeks and the thought of staying with a host family doesn’t rock my world, especially if its in downtown Accra.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting project (s) mind, although, the prices are a huge turn-off. Your not only working for free which is fine considering you are helping disadvantaged communities et cetera but your being fleeced.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
not really being fleeced. This seems to be about on par with most other volunteer organisations I have come across and having met some of the volunteers for this organisation in Kenya, they seemed pretty happy. If you had the time and money, it would probably give you a really interesting experience.