• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is there still a substantial amount of racism in modern cricket.

Is there still a substantial amount of racism in modern cricket?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Happy Easter.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cover drive man

International Captain
They're have been a few threads about the whole hair thing and the black South African players and it raises the question, Is there still a substantial amount of racism in modern cricket? Now I emphasise the word substantial because they're is always going to be some racism.

archie mac

International Coach
They're have been a few threads about the whole hair thing and the black South African players and it raises the question, Is there still a substantial amount of racism in modern cricket? Now I emphasise the word substantial because they're is always going to be some racism.
I don't know if it is racism, but there is a lot of jealousy between all of the countries:ph34r:

sideshowtim

Banned
I wouldn't say a substantial amount, but it's still there. South Africa have a racist selection policy and the ICC should neck up and tell them to get rid of it. I haven't read any Hair threads lately, but anyone suggesting that he is a racist is an idiot.

cover drive man

International Captain
I wouldn't say a substantial amount, but it's still there. South Africa have a racist selection policy and the ICC should neck up and tell them to get rid of it. I haven't read any Hair threads lately, but anyone suggesting that he is a racist is an idiot.
There was the whole pakistan ball tampering thing which I thought was pathetic at the end of the day Hair would've done the same if It was England doing it or Australia, New Zealand etc

bond21

Banned
no, no racism at all.

Darrell Heir did everything wrong in that match, he was asking to be banned. It had nothing to do with it causing Pakistan to lose the match, thats completely irrelevent.

In fact, if you listen closely, you can hear Heir on the stump mic bribing Inzamam to throw the game so he can go home early.

/sarcasm

btw Heir did everything right, Pakistan lost the match and he gets banned by the sub continental board....FIGURE IT OUT BARNABY JONES

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Given that there are 2 International teams that have racial selection policies in Zimbabwe and South Africa there is of course racism. Though probably not quite in the way you mean it.

There are other forms of discrimination that are probably more prevelant around the World than race.

Take a look at the obvious in terms of the World getting smaller. There are Asians in the England team, an English mixed race (or maybe not mixed race as its hard to know for sure given he was adopted) guy in the Aussie team and an Australian trying to break into the WI team.

There are also 10s, if not 100s, of cases of people being favoured or looked down upon for issues other than race Im not aware of.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
For once I'm going to agree with bond21 and SST. Hair might have many faults but if you're caught ball tampering then you should pay the penalty.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't think there is a person in the world who would say you shoudn't pay the penalty if you get caught ball tampering.....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And of course there is. Aside from places like Zimbabwe, you just have to look at some of the racist players of the recent past such as Lehmann, Gibbs and Singh.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Whereas there is very little genuine bare faced racism in the way the game operates I think that the way cricket has been built on a platform of racism/imperialism in so many countries means that even now we continue to see its legacy in just about every aspect of the game from SA's team selection to ICC executive board meetings

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Apparently there's racism against those of Indian descent in being selected for the WI team. 8-)