• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Owais Shah must be selected from now on

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You think he shouldn't of beenplaying a couple of years ago. I agree he shouldn't of been selected when he was, but he's as good as he is now as he was back then.
I don't really think Anderson should ever have been playing after 2003 - in fact it was highly debatable that he should've been playing ITFP. His selection was typical of people getting over-excited about a young player early in his career after he'd done not-much.
As for 'Jimmy,' James just seems to formal. Plus I call all my James friends Jimmy.
Yeah happen to think "Jimmy" suits him more.
:sick: "Jimmy" suits no-one under the age of 62 as of 2008.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's always been Jimmy Anderson to me. On the occasions I've called him James, which have been fairly frequent I suppose, it has been a conscious effort at that moment to do so. I definitely still think of him as Jimmy Anderson.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's the quietest "cool" man you've ever seen. Mind, he is married to an internationally-famous model. Anyway, there's names you can shorten "James" to of the 1990s\2000s variety: Jamie; Ja; JayJay.

BTW, could you (gb) please vote on this poll. I've long been dying to know.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, it took a while - nearly 2 hours in fact - but turns-out I agree with a Dry smiley.

Do too, hactually. :)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Going back to Shah, I suppose it was always on the cards that a couple of the current lot would eventually make some runs at Napier, so the poor sod won't get a look in yet. Ditto Key.
Interesting choice of bowlers this summer if Fred is fit. I suppose of there was a game starting next week, it would be fairly simple to replace Anderson with Hoggard. Not quite so simple if Flintoff ever gets fit though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's quite some if, though. I've long since come to think - and I seem to remember you saying something similar - that if Flintoff plays again it'll be a bonus rather than something we're waiting for.

On the subject of Anderson - what's the odds of him cleaning-up the lower-order tomorrow and making himself undroppable at the last possible minute a la Strauss? 8-)