Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: England risk shut-out from ICC

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar

England risk shut-out from ICC

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Something of a lose-lose situation indeed. Ah well, this govornment hasn't got that much left to lose any more, I hope they make the climbdown.

Kinda wish this Twenty20 championship thingy had been held over here last year after all.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Something of a lose-lose situation indeed. Ah well, this govornment hasn't got that much left to lose any more, I hope they make the climbdown.

Kinda wish this Twenty20 championship thingy had been held over here last year after all.
    I don't know what to think really. In a way I think they should stick with it, in a way I don't.

Don't think the government should back down. The whole thing is farcical tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

If the Zimbabweans are refused visas then why isnít Benjani given the same treatment? He still represents Zimbabwe doesnít he?

Yeah but not when he's playing for citeh

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Don't think the government should back down. The whole thing is farcical tbh
    Agreed. England getting banned would show how ridiculous this whole thing is.

"We don't mind gross mismanagement, lacking pay to the players, massive corruption and ousting of a generation of cricketers, but deny a suited representative of said corrupt entity entry to your country...now that's ground for suspension."
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Does England ban diplomats from China? ICC would have no choice to but to move things away from England in that case.

But, the fault here is with the ICC. They should have gotten rid of Zimbabwe a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

The way things have worked out it the only people who woulf have been really hurt by banning Chingoka from the UK, if that s the plan of action is the ICC who would have to organise their little shin-dig elsewhere
    LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT AFRICA TODAY

They scored a single, declared and still won by an innings

Agree with the point regarding China. The inconsistency prevents England emerging from this with complete credit.

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    I'd back the government 100% even if it meant losing ICC events. Money isnt everything.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Googenheim View Post
    Agree with the point regarding China. The inconsistency prevents England emerging from this with complete credit.
    It doesn't. Everyone knows there is nothing to be gained from fighting China. To expect someone to do so is plain ignorant.

Anyway, as I said, I see more damage being done to English cricket if Chingoka is refused entry than damage done to Labour if he is admitted. Labour have already let their crown slip, badly, FFS my mum's talking about voting for Cameron in the next election, and perhaps even more remarkably, so am I. Neither of us have ever voted Tory in our lives (admittedly I've only had 1 chance and I voted Lib Dem anyway) and I think that sums-up how bad things have recently been.

I'm completely unaware of the figures, but it sounds like there'd be biiiiiiiiiig problems if this Twenty20 lark was shifted elsewhere.

Ridiculous

ICC needs to grow a back-bone and ........

wait a minute, that'll never happen

20/20 back to SA

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It doesn't. Everyone knows there is nothing to be gained from fighting China. To expect someone to do so is plain ignorant.
    And the international isolation is really hurting Mugabe, is it? He is sitting on his fat ass with enough food while the country starves.

The ICC should be ashamed here, but I love how England/India/Australia (and every other country) love to take a high and mighty moral stand against weak countries. If you're going to take a moral stand, I'd completely applaud and respect you if you took it consistently. Expel and ban Chinese diplomats with whats been happening in Tibet, but obviously we all know that will never ever happen. Zimbabwe is weak, so its very easy to show off your moral compass to the world and use them as an example.

In any case, ICC can't do anything because it is forbidden to do anything by its very rules. They need to change the rules to say in case of exceptional internal circumstances, the board reserves the right to permanently strip Test status from a member board. It's unseemly to allow Chingoka to fly around the world talking great things about Zimbabwe cricket while his country's cricket, and the country itself is in shambles.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 20-03-2008 at 05:33 AM.

ret
    for most representatives, it's easier to fly to DBX than to LHR [heahrow] ..... for .e.g. DXB is like 3 hrs from BOM, while LHR is some 8 hrs. similar flying times for others in the sub-continent .... those flying from OZ n NZ would appreciate a meeting in Dubai too, if flying time is a priority .... may be it's the same case for those in Africa
    Fastest gun in town

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information