cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dhoni defends dropping seniors/shares thoughts on Australia

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

Dhoni defends dropping seniors/shares thoughts on Australia

Statements by Dhoni

A couple good statements in there, but I'm not sure he needed to say anything. And unfortunately, it looks like abuse isn't going to end any time soon, regardless of that so called 'zero tolerance' policy by ICC.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    If your playing against an aggressive side
    Dear oh dear, CricInfo've let their standards slip there.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

ret
    absolutely agree with Dhoni
    Fastest gun in town

International 12th Man
    It would help if Dhoni and his trash talking cohorts were actually able to measure up to world class in cricketing skills and not just thuggish behavior.

With the possible exception of the Sharmas, and may be Dhoni himself, the rest seem just good enough, and seem to have to depend on having a good day/week/month to deliver.

ret
    Quote Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
    It would help if Dhoni and his trash talking cohorts were actually able to measure up to world class in cricketing skills and not just thuggish behavior.
    they won the competition, so what more could they do .... what are you sore at?

Banned
    dude they won the ODI comp...that isnt worth anything when they lost the tests 3-1.

its like people saying oh theyre the 2020 world champs...who the hell cares? 2020 is a fundraiser.

Right ..

ret
    Quote Originally Posted by bond21 View Post
    dude they won the ODI comp...that isnt worth anything when they lost the tests 3-1.

its like people saying oh theyre the 2020 world champs...who the hell cares? 2020 is a fundraiser.
    dude, Ind lost 2-1 in the tests .... and this thread is not abt test .... some guys r sore coz Ganguly and/or Dravid were left out of the ODIs duh

someone can as well say who the hell cares, if OZ won the test series [and that too with the help of the umpires :roll:] .... every format has its own importance and following. there is no point in trying to undermine others achievements in other formats .... and yeah any world cup is important be it 20T or ODIs .... saying that who the hell cares for 20T WC or ODIs is more like a case of sour grapes

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by ret View Post
    they won the competition, so what more could they do .... what are you sore at?
    I dont yet buy the I-am-god-because-i-won-the-trophy. Do it for several years and then I can eat my words, but I still wont be buying the sledging-is-necessary-for-success stuff even then.

This ODI win in particular:
    A non-sledging over-the-hill oldie called Sachin had something to do with the last 3 games that actually got us into and won the final. As did fabulous performances from the relatively quiet Praveen Kumar and the already acknowledged Sharmas and Dhoni. So, I just dont see how the shouting brigade was crucial to this.

ret
    Quote Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
    I dont yet buy the I-am-god-because-i-won-the-trophy. Do it for several years and then I can eat my words, but I still wont be buying the sledging-is-necessary-for-success stuff even then.

This ODI win in particular:
    A non-sledging over-the-hill oldie called Sachin had something to do with the last 3 games that actually got us into and won the final. As did fabulous performances from the relatively quiet Praveen Kumar and the already acknowledged Sharmas and Dhoni. So, I just dont see how the shouting brigade was crucial to this.
    I don't think that they are acting like Gods .... It's more like they are given an account of how they went abt things .... i don't think that Dhoni said/implied that sledging is necessary for success, as, iirc, he talked abt how there was no sledging in the games against SL. what he probably said is against the OZ it was necessary to give them back and that he had playeres who backed up what they said with performances [Bhajji being instrumental in Haydo/Symo dismissals]

now as a captain, what he did was bring out the best from some players who could be motivated by giving it back .... why wouldn't a captain want to use that if it makes his player perform .... there are different motivators for different ppl .... and it's taken that the whole team is not going to shout, it's only going to be a selected few, like in war you prepare a false front to attract opponent's attention while others do their jobs quietly

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Some people thrive on it, some don't. Some cricketers need their egos fired to get the best out of them, others seem not to have any ego at all. Just depends on the individual really, but there's no place for abuse, if that's what's meant by sledging in this instance.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bond21 View Post
    hat isnt worth anything when they lost the tests 3-1.
    2-1.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Don't see why he needs to defend it, considering it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

ret
    i guess, his interview is more abt the justification of the selection of the team than anything else .... and it was Bhajji who was abused, wasn't he? he was called a weed and what not in media, while there is no evidence of him abusing so why would Dhoni be implying abuses, i don't get it?

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Some people thrive on it, some don't. Some cricketers need their egos fired to get the best out of them, others seem not to have any ego at all. Just depends on the individual really, but there's no place for abuse, if that's what's meant by sledging in this instance.
    My biggest bone about sledging is that it will take an army of lawyers to decipher what the person saying it intends, in terms of abuse and how the person hearing it, interprets it. And that there are players who will exploit this ambiguity.

It is very much possible to mistreat people (plainest definition of abuse) by using words that are not strictly racist,sexist, etc and I am not up for that sort of thing at my place of work.
    Dont see why it should have a place on a cricket field, just because they are on camera and are paid a lot (well not all of them, I was actually surprised at the compensations of some international cricketers who have chucked regular cricket careers away for $100-200K or less).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information