• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ranji Trophy Semifinals and Final

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vishnureddy said:
Marc, I think CricInfo India has gone down . There was a time when they used to cover Ranji Trophy Cricket Live from the Quarters .
That was quite recently wasn't it? I seem to remember it in the last 12 months?

V Reddy

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
That was quite recently wasn't it? I seem to remember it in the last 12 months?
I don't think they covered a single match this season. Last year they covered one semi and the final around this time last year. But the year before that i remember seeing live scores of Ranji Quarters to Final and at that time they even covered some league matches.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cricinfo are doing live coverage of the final.

Poor start by Mumbai, but superman is at the crease as I type, so 400 isn't out of reach!

V Reddy

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Cricinfo are doing live coverage of the final.

Poor start by Mumbai, but superman is at the crease as I type, so 400 isn't out of reach!
The superman is out now and the TN team is on top:D . But Balaji didn't have any real success today:( . Tomorrow is the most important day of the match. The Mumbai bowling against TN batting. Hoping that the superman doesn't pickup any wickets:D

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Great show by TN for the first day.
Their batting is their strength, and bowling is Mumbai's strength.
Let's see how this encounter goes.

Every time I hear a report on Tamil Nadu's matches, they mention disciplined bowling... and also that a couple of batsmen threw away good starts.
If they perform against Agarkar and co. they should be able to shame the selectors into picking one or two from the team.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Ramesh going very well.
However, Agarkar is on fire. He's picked two now for next to nothing. Hopefully Badani and Ramesh can take us right up to Mumbai's first innings total. TN does NOT want to bat again and chase too many with Agarkar and co bowling on a cracked pitch.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AA is certainly on fire - great spell there.

At 202-3 in response to 260, Tamil Nadu were well in control.

Thanks to AA they finish on 271 and it's game on.

Now for an unbeaten double century and 6fer in the second innings?

masterblaster

International Captain
The AA Apreciation Society wishes Agarkar well!!

As we speak, Mumbai lead by 36 runs...1/47.

Wheres Vinod Kambli when mumbai needs em and is he still in South Africa?

For me Muzumdar, Jaffer and Agarkar hold the key, along with Bahatule who is decent with the bat. But Muzumdar and Jaffer are critical, mumbai need them to score runs.

All the best to both teams, im a neutral outsider on this one.

TN has the edge!

Choora

State Regular
Well guys i have a feeling that TN won't be able to lift the cup for the second time in history:( . TN is going to bat second on a deterioating pitch facing the likes of Ajit that has somehow always done well at domestic level:( .
TN has a chance but in my opinion Mumbai have an edge.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
TN is up against it, especially if they play like they did in the first innings. They have the first innings lead and may decide to try and play out the day to win the finals. That probably won't work on a crumbling pitch. They should go for a win which means 350+ runs in a day and a session.
I think it's 75-25 in favour of Mumbai now.

If Mumbai win this they would have deserved it- Agarkar by removing four of TN's best bats, and the two Mumbaikars who made 100 and 98 (Shetty and Jaffer) lifted their games.
Stage will soon move to Ramesh and co. Let's see how they respond.

Sriram has had a great time with the bat but not so in the semis and first innings of the finals..