• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking News - Hair reinstated to elite panel

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I think the ICC come away from this with the most embarassment. Effectively Hair acted within the laws of the game so they either needed to back him from the start and allow him to continue at international level, or go through the whole legal process and make that the end of it. To go back against their initial decision to sack Hair from the elite panel, and now reinstate him, just goes to show how ridiculous they really are at times.

However...I do think this is somewhat positive for the game. Not the use of somewhat, and not entirely. ;) Hes always been one of the better decision makers (bar ball tampering and throwing, I guess) and with the Bucknor/Benson incidents in the Sydney test its a plus in that regard. In saying that, being on the elite panel IMO means that he could potentially be allocated to officiate in any test in any country and a test match involving Pakistan, let alone at home, could be very heated.

PY

International Coach
he'd no-ball harb for "chucking" and then when the fiery guy swears at him, he'll interpret it as a racial epithet and report him...cricket has taken one step back by reinstating a bonafide dickhead...
Over-reacting much?

Davey

School Boy/Girl Captain
:laugh:

People should just learn to get over things. I mean it isn't as though he walked down the main street of Mumbai with a steak sandwich

wtf

you really think people would care if you did that?? zzzz Because all Indian people dont eat beef right? The very sight of someone eating it is blasphemy aint it

geezus christ stop watching Today Tonight or whatever the **** and read some books or something

As for re-instating Hair, fine i dont care... but that whole ball tampering situation was a disgrace(both the way the team walked off the ground and how it was handled).. and i still dont know the bloody outcome of it, they couldnt prove ****.... i guess thats why they hardly reported the outcome here..

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
wtf

you really think people would care if you did that?? zzzz Because all Indian people dont eat beef right? The very sight of someone eating it is blasphemy aint it

geezus christ stop watching Today Tonight or whatever the **** and read some books or something

As for re-instating Hair, fine i dont care... but that whole ball tampering situation was a disgrace(both the way the team walked off the ground and how it was handled).. and i still dont know the bloody outcome of it, they couldnt prove ****.... i guess thats why they hardly reported the outcome here..
How do you know what I watch? And worry about yourself before worrying about me, I'm perfectly fine thanks. Don't get your knickers in a knot pal.

biased indian

International Coach
wtf

i had beef ... for lunch today

biased indian

International Coach

People should just learn to get over things. I mean it isn't as though he walked down the main street of Mumbai with a steak sandwich in his hand or drew a picture depicting Muhammad now is it? Harden up and stop thinking they run the game.
a lot of people would have done that

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

People should just learn to get over things. I mean it isn't as though he walked down the main street of Mumbai with a steak sandwich in his hand or drew a picture depicting Muhammad now is it? Harden up and stop thinking they run the game.
Nobody would care, actually. I've had beef in Mumbai before.

Fusion

Global Moderator
i know Malcom speed will do such a thing before he quits.. i saw it coming and from the looks of it it is pissing pakistanis off

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/343100.html

speed doesn't mind that cuz he hates them too like Mr. Hair
Haroon, that's not necessary.

I must say I'm disappointed in the decision as well. However, indications are that he won't be standing in any Pakistani games so at least that's good. I would hope, to avoid controversy, he doesn't stand in any SL games either. I also have a feeling that his contract will not be renewed once it expires (after which he's sure to write another best-selling biography making up any money he lost). I never considered Hair to be racist. I do consider him a person prone to grandstanding and letting his massive ego come in the way of common sense. I think those traits are too fatal for an umpire, no matter how good he maybe on getting the on-field decisions right.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We forgive players their indiscretions - certainly our blonde leg spinner was welcomed back with open arms, so to guys like Asif.

Point is, maybe we should apply the same standards to umpires as we do players when it comes to forgiving and forgetting.

Julian87

State Captain
Most harshly treated man in international cricket for quite some time IMO.

Great umpire and I am glad he is back. We won't have as many rubbish decisions once he is back standing.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
We forgive players their indiscretions - certainly our blonde leg spinner was welcomed back with open arms, so to guys like Asif.

Point is, maybe we should apply the same standards to umpires as we do players when it comes to forgiving and forgetting.
Except he hasn't really received any punishment. He was on the payroll and paid by the ICC during this time.