• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking News - Hair reinstated to elite panel

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Except for Pakistan vs SLanka, in which case both will be equally (mis)treated.
I think
:laugh:

My god, that would be hilarity personified.

Hate his guts but I'm okay with this decision as long as the ICC gets a clue and schedules him in games where he can't cause an international incident. I'd keep him away from any India matches to be on the safe side too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is he able to umpire Australian tests, now he lives in England (if he still does)?

If he isn't, then presumably he won't be doing Pakistan or SL either. If he can annoy England, WI and NZ, there'll be no one left for him to officiate!!!

Go for it Darrell, if you want to I know you can offend every nation in world cricket!!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, maybe one day we'll have Harbhajan to Hayden, umpired by Hair..
he'd no-ball harb for "chucking" and then when the fiery guy swears at him, he'll interpret it as a racial epithet and report him...cricket has taken one step back by reinstating a bonafide dickhead...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
he'd no-ball harb for "chucking" and then when the fiery guy swears at him, he'll interpret it as a racial epithet and report him...cricket has taken one step back by reinstating a bonafide dickhead...
8-)

R_D

International Debutant
Surely Hair won't try to go for a hattrick... the temptation must be there for Hair.

Could've done without him but i guess who cares..... so much for India owns ICC theory.

pasag

RTDAS
Assuming he's changed and learnt his lesson, which given the hell he's been through you'd imagine so (regardless of whether it was deserved or not) then this can only be a good thing and is what I was hoping would happen (and I think advocated a while back iirc). The first sign of any old tricks though and he should be out immediately.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't understand why everyone isn't happy about this. I mean, who doesn't want the game to become a total farce? Every decision, right or wrong, is going to be tainted by accusations. It's going to be fantastic to watch for the sheer entertainment value.

My prediction: He won't last the year 2008. If I was on an Asian team, I'd get a bottle cap and scratch up the ball while looking straight into his eyes, just to see what'll happen (trying to hide from camera of course) .

Because you know he can't accuse anyone of ball tampering ever again without there being HDTV footage that's been notarized by a fleet of lawyers. Not that Pakistan were right to do what they did - I think they were wrong. But he has no authority left.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't understand why everyone isn't happy about this. I mean, who doesn't want the game to become a total farce? Every decision, right or wrong, is going to be tainted by accusations. It's going to be fantastic to watch for the sheer entertainment value.

My prediction: He won't last the year 2008. If I was on an Asian team, I'd get a bottle cap and scratch up the ball while looking straight into his eyes, just to see what'll happen (trying to hide from camera of course) .
:lol: while deliberately throwing too...

pasag

RTDAS

Because you know he can't accuse anyone of ball tampering ever again without there being HDTV footage that's been notarized by a fleet of lawyers. Not that Pakistan were right to do what they did - I think they were wrong. But he has no authority left.
Haha, you overreact so much at times.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Grandstanding prick he is, and his handling of ovalgate should have seen him punished (and Pakistan punished too), but he does get most decisions right. In the end, I don't mind this for that reason.

I just don't want him umpiring Pakistan and Sri Lankan games.
Agree...

Craig

World Traveller
Haha, yeah. I'd love it if someone Asian was caught blatantly ball-tampering during a Hair match, but no-one believed old Darrell. 'The Ump who cried "ball-tampering!"'.

People should just learn to get over things. I mean it isn't as though he walked down the main street of Mumbai with a steak sandwich in his hand or drew a picture depicting Muhammad now is it? Harden up and stop thinking they run the game.

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant

People should just learn to get over things. I mean it isn't as though he walked down the main street of Mumbai with a steak sandwich in his hand or drew a picture depicting Muhammad now is it? Harden up and stop thinking they run the game.
it's not such a big deal having beef in india.
Probaly more harder to find steak i guess.