• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's bowling action do you like or hate?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hate Andre nel's action, as well as the Woercstershire (sp?) bowler, Michael Mason's action. Both look so unnatural and jerky.
:laugh: Worcestershire. :p And TBH, unless Mason's changed his action since I last watched him (would've been about 2003) I'm not too sure what's wrong with it. :unsure: Not poetry-in-motion or anything, but fairly run-of-the-mill.

Slifer

International Captain
Like: Akram, Waqar, Mcgrath, Warne, Marshall
Hate/Dislike: Harmisson, Andrew Caddick,

shortpitched713

International Captain
Like Jacques Kallis's action. Looks to be putting maximum effort to get the ball across as quickly as possible, and the grunt just adds to it. On top of that he swings the ball as well, which I find quite interesting.

Used to love watching Waqar as well. The timing and rhythm in that action was apparent for all to see, and in combination with what was often the end result it provided the most entertaining total package from a bowler I've ever seen.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Tait, I really like the "caveman chucking rocks" style. Apart from that - Bond, Donald, Gough, Klusener...

I think Anderson has a really smooth looking action too.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Like: Klusener - comeon, he looks like he is going to rip your throat out with his right hand

Dislike: Flintoff, he just lumbers into the crease and looks like he is going to fall over, plus his ankle.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Like Jacques Kallis's action. Looks to be putting maximum effort to get the ball across as quickly as possible, and the grunt just adds to it. On top of that he swings the ball as well, which I find quite interesting.
Worst looking action in International Cricket.

R_D

International Debutant
current cricketers

Like: asif, RP singh bret Lee, Shoaib, Murali,Kumble

Dislike: Sreesanth, Nel, sohail Tanvir, Agerkar, Sami, Danish Kaneria
oh wow is that a first ?
Like RP Singh and Sehwag bowling off spin.
just don't like Tait's action just looks like he has no co-ordination and there's something that really irks me about M Johnson's action as well.

kokomo

Cricket Spectator
Im a big murphy sua fan

Not a fan of kyle mills (he chucks) along with that bloke who rolled aus in the CB finals he throws too

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Current players...

Batsmen:

Beautiful: Tendulkar/Ponting/Hussey

Ugly: Symonds/Bell/Dhoni

Bowlers:

Beautiful: Steyn/Lee/Sharma

Ugly: Murali/Johnson/Nel

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Caddick has an ugly action.
hmm, v. similar to Hadlees.

As for Ian Bell, very schoolboy looking batting technique, which is no bad thing but lacks much initiative or 'dog'.

For bowers I like either smooth or the very natural and unforced.

There are many to mention but Donald and Craig White would fit the categories