• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Opinons about James Sutherland

CA's James Sutherland

• He doing a good job

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • He doing a poor job

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
What are peoples opinion of James Sutherland's reign as CA head honcho?

When he first was appointed, I thought he seemed like a good choice. But over the years he seems to come across as weak and ineffective.

He seem to me, that he wants to be one of the boys, and is afraid to take a strong line with the players.

How longs is his contract with Cricket Australia? Who appointed him?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seems far better than many of the CEOs of cricket boards I've seen TBH. Mind, I probably only see the public and post-CEO side of him, unlike Giles Clarke, who is a grade-A ninconpoop.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
When they were looking to appoint the Aussie coach at one stage, someone mentioned that the best coach in Australia was actually it's CEO.

pasag

RTDAS
In my opinion a great part of determining how good a job he has done is really measured on his work on cricket in Australia on all levels the behind the scenes stuff, not really how he reacts to a controversy here, a controversy there or crap in the media. The latter he hasn't been poor on either and usually tries to take the diplomatic route in keeping the various parties happy and I think he's done a fair job (granted often he'll stick up for the players regardless, but at the same time he does it in the least offensive way).

pasag

RTDAS
Is fine on Opera (see attachment)

But just checked IE and yeah, not sure. Does it happen to anyone else and how long has it been like that for me?

Attachments

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Every single post (except the above one for some very odd reason), as long as I can remember (at least 6 months) and never noticed it on anyone else but don't tend to check every post from every member for a right-hand line. :p

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon he's been fine. Honestly, CEO's can never win; I swear I've never seen a CEO who's been any good at anything if joe bloggs is to be believed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, agree completely. Cricket administrators are there to be criticised and nothing more. No self-respecting cricket analyst's piece is complete without some form of railing at the rulers.

howardj

International Coach
Very tough job - a CEO gets pulled in all directions (leaving myself open to a naughty there). There's players, sponsors, other boards (esp the BCCI) that you have to keep happy. You don't have the luxury of coming out and saying what you think; speaking your mind.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Can't really recall any bigtime stuff-ups during his reign so far...Has generally been there to comment/slap on the wrists when necessary and kept his mouth shut otherwise.

He's very big on marketing the game and using the teams success to generate a higher profile for cricket in Australia and I think he's been very good there. Events like the 2006/07 Ashes were very well marketed and generated huge income for the game even though the cricket was hardly top-notch.