• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ishant Sharma v. Dale Steyn

Dale Steyn v. Ishant Sharma

• Dale Steyn

Votes: 44 67.7%
  • Ishant Sharma

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • I voted in this poll therefore I rule!!! :lol:

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard was/is a massive Donald fan-boy, so he'd probably still maintain it, until everyone else gave up.

I have no hesitation in saying Steyn is better now.

Why do you make it sound as though rating Donald higher is wrong? He's one of the greatest of all time and easily the most underrated bowler if the last two decades imo

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why do you make it sound as though rating Donald higher is wrong? He's one of the greatest of all time and easily the most underrated bowler if the last two decades imo
I believe it is wrong, all about opinions, but I know Richard wouldn't have shifted, (that's who GFL quoted) because I think he rated him the best ever, can't remember exactly, though, more a pop at Richards attritional way of arguing TBH. I feel around here he's been one of the most over-rated of the last two decades.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I believe it is wrong, all about opinions, but I know Richard wouldn't have shifted, (that's who GFL quoted) because I think he rated him the best ever, can't remember exactly, though, more a pop at Richards attritional way of arguing TBH. I feel around here he's been one of the most over-rated of the last two decades.
Overrated? Why so? I'd probably have him in my top 5 fast bowlers tbh... He has as complete a record as any fast bowker

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Overrated? Why so? I'd probably have him in my top 5 fast bowlers tbh... He has as complete a record as any fast bowker
Well, in the end, I watched him, and there are other bowlers I consistently have rated higher, in my watching time. So you say he's top 5, that's over-rated IMHO.

I'm certainly not going into the tiresome, he didn't do well against Oz argument, that many use.

I think he came into Test Cricket, because of his age, as the best bowler he could be, so he didn't have the awkward settling in stage many had, including Steyn. So we never really saw a bloke learning his trade in International Cricket. I generally believe 90s pace bowlers had a very easy time pitch-wise as well, think a lot of them are a bit over-rated.

I don't really like doing this though, not sure how I got into it, demeaning a very fine bowler, which Donald undoubtedly was, but it's the ATG thing, I'm not so sure.