• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has Sinclair played his last match

Has Sinclair Played His Last Match.

• No

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 1 More Match

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Has Sinclair played his last match for NZ ever... recent scores 29, 47, 8, 2, 9, 39...

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I have a feeling Prince EWS will use his mod powers to close this thread (:p) but while I voted yes, it'll either be this test or the next that is his last.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I dunno. Who else have NZ got to come in?

That probably sounds more like a pop at their lack of batting resources than I intended, actually. It's meant as a serious question tho.

thierry henry

International Coach
It's a damn shame Fulton suddenly had a form slump this season... despite that, it now seems silly that he isn't in the side imo

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fulton, Styris, Ryder, Hay, Elliot all currently have a decent shout at his position.

One of Fulton, Ryder (and my personal pick) Taylor should be replacing Flemings role, not Sinclair. The other two should be the first choices at filling up Taylor's spot and Sinclairs.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Sinclair will probably be retained for the third test, but he'll have to do something utterly spectacular to ever play for NZ again after that.

Fulton will come back - he's too good to be left out for long.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I think his second innings 39 may have saved his place in the side for the third test. Even if he does get dropped, which as I say now seems more unlikely, I doubt it'll be the end for him with the retirement of Fleming and the lack of other experienced international players around the country.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It'd be silly to drop him now given he's just found some form. He looked really good for his 39 and then had an unSinclairesque lapse in concentration. If he failed completely in that innings he'd be gone for sure, but I think (and most certainly hope) he's retained for the third Test now that he's found some decent touch. Some of the shots he played off the back foot on the off side where top class, and we all know what he can do when he's seeing them well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sinclair will probably be retained for the third test, but he'll have to do something utterly spectacular to ever play for NZ again after that.

Fulton will come back - he's too good to be left out for long.
Fulton would just replace Fleming though, would he not?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
After this series, certainly.
Well that'd mean you'd need someone else to replace Sinclair.

As big a Skip fan as I am and as much as it'd annoy me to see him dropped after yet another short-lived chance, I wouldn't have too many issues if it was Fulton replacing him as he's been almost as prolific at First Class level during his career and has had extremely minimal Test chances.

I'd be playing both in England.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess Jesse Ryder is a candidate after he recovers from his injuries from that night out...although in saying that his damaged hand may not have recovered for the series against England over there.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm very worried that if Sinclair is dropped, who will play number three after Fleming goes?

Fulton just doesn't look comfortable there IMO and he's not in the greatest form ever. Sinclair, well, if he ****s up next test he's gone. Hay is a number four or five, Taylor is a definite number five, Ryder has played three for Wellington but I'm not sure if he's technically up to it.

Wish Myburgh would hurry up and qualify, he looks quality AND he can play three.

Assuming the factors so far remain constant (Sinclair rubbish, Fulton not much better, Fleming retires) I'd have:

Ryder
Hay
Taylor

New but extremely talented. That middle order could obviously change though as we have a fair amount of time until the England tour. My full strength in form team would be:

Sinclair
Fulton
Taylor

But that is unlikely with the current slumps of Sinclair and Fulton.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Well that'd mean you'd need someone else to replace Sinclair.
True, but I never said anything about who should replace him. All I meant was that I think Sinclair will be dropped unless he does something spectacular in the next test, and as an aside, that Fulton should be in the team. I wasn't insinuating one should be swapped for the other.