• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trivia

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is the oldest person to ever represent their country and how old was he???

hourn

U19 Cricketer
if we are talking cricket and are talking about test level than it is Wilfred Rhodes, otherwise we could be talking about anything and I wouldnt know.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I did not state that it was in test matches...
It is in Cricket...
It was an official ICC sanctioned game and took place in 1993-94

again

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Blewy said:
I did not state that it was in test matches...
It is in Cricket...

again

i had an inkling you may not have been talking test cricket because its pretty common knowledge it is Wilfred Rhodes.

I wouldn't have a clue, what other types of cricket are there?? Blind cricket, womens cricket, seniors cricket, wheelchair cricket?? I really dont know.

Rich2001

International Captain
The match HAS to have been - RSA Veterans' v IND Veterans' Tournament in India, Oct 1993

But as for the actual player, i'll let someone else do the leg work :D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
blewy i know the answer mate, and i know where you got the question from, so i wont answer it as that spoils the fun.

but i think im entitled to give a clue, it wasnt test cricket, but he was representing his country against another.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
OK seeing as though nobody looks like getting this ill post the Answer...

A player George Ferguson played for Argentina from 1979 to the 1993/94 season and he was born in 1912. So he represented Argentina from the 66 to the age of 81!

He is still alive. His first-class career lasted from 1929/30 to 1937/38. I am adamant he is the oldest ever person to represent their country in cricket and in any sport. I am sure he is the oldest to make their debut for their country...

Check it out...

http://statserver.cricket.org/link_to_database/PLAYERS/ICC/ARG/FERGUSON_GW_21012753