Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest on the Sledging Issue

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar

Latest on the Sledging Issue

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/342310.html

"We won't start it but we'll buy into it".

He should have spoken with Kumble first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEshZY0_bsk
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Uthappa and Kumble don't play in the same team mind you.

Hardly needed a new thread for mine.

Hayden vs. Uthappa would be cool though, the battle of the big chested openers.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Do you think they will soon?

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RP Singh, at Hayden
    "Here is the guy who has hardly any hair but does head and shoulders ads."

He's got you there, Hulkster.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Do you think they will soon?
    He shouldn't, can't see Uthappa deserving a test spot over some others, but you never know.

Interesting article, mostly because of an anecdote I heard about Allan Border. When he felt flat, as though he wasn't batting well, he'd just try and pick a fight with someone. If an opposition player walked past, he might just say, "What the **** are you looking at? Show some respect" or something, start up a bit of verbal and he found he batted better when he was in that sort of situation, where the stakes had been raised. Have heard a few times now about Hayden sledging, and it seems to be in a similar manner.

International Debutant neville cardus's Avatar
    Robin Uthappa has Sir Neville Cardus's seal of approval. He is easily my favourite current Indian cricketer. Give him a Test slot.
    "To go to a cricket match for nothing but cricket is as though a man were to go into an inn for nothing but drink." - Neville Cardus
    "What do they know of cricket who only cricket know?" - CLR James

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    I think Robin's and India's philosophy is perfectly fine. Don't initiate the sledging but return the favour if your team is being sledged. Indian teams of the past have been far too mild and as a result hardly ever won anything away from home.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post

He's got you there, Hulkster.
    RP should know that dandruff is a fungal condition of the scalp not related to having hair...

Then again, I could be totally wrong
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

RP Singh wasn't even mentioned in the article

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    RP Singh wasn't even mentioned in the article
    Whoever it was....my point still stands

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Interesting article, mostly because of an anecdote I heard about Allan Border. When he felt flat, as though he wasn't batting well, he'd just try and pick a fight with someone. If an opposition player walked past, he might just say, "What the **** are you looking at? Show some respect" or something, start up a bit of verbal and he found he batted better when he was in that sort of situation, where the stakes had been raised.
    Yeah, Michael Atherton sometimes did the same in a domestic match, because he said he occasionally struggled to motivate himself for such games. He also mentioned how they made a decision in 1997 to be completely silent to Stephen Waugh because they (finally) noticed that he thrived on it, in their 3rd series against him since he became a World-class batsman. Waugh, of course, spotted this before long and in the Old Trafford Test, according to Atherton, said "OK, you're not talking to me are you? Right then, I'll talk to myself". And after being given not-out when he was plumb lbw 1st ball he faced in the match, he did, throughout his twin centuries.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yeah, Michael Atherton sometimes did the same in a domestic match, because he said he occasionally struggled to motivate himself for such games. He also mentioned how they made a decision in 1997 to be completely silent to Stephen Waugh because they (finally) noticed that he thrived on it, in their 3rd series against him since he became a World-class batsman. Waugh, of course, spotted this before long and in the Old Trafford Test, according to Atherton, said "OK, you're not talking to me are you? Right then, I'll talk to myself". And after being given not-out when he was plumb lbw 1st ball he faced in the match, he did, throughout his twin centuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Interesting article, mostly because of an anecdote I heard about Allan Border. When he felt flat, as though he wasn't batting well, he'd just try and pick a fight with someone. If an opposition player walked past, he might just say, "What the **** are you looking at? Show some respect" or something, start up a bit of verbal and he found he batted better when he was in that sort of situation, where the stakes had been raised. Have heard a few times now about Hayden sledging, and it seems to be in a similar manner.
    Pretty poor that, abusing other players just because you aren't playing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Less a case of not playing well, as being unable to raise one's competetive juices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Hayden vs. Uthappa would be cool though, the battle of the big chested openers.
    Not to mention battle of the hopeleslly-planted-front-foot-and-hence-massive-inswinger-candidate types.

Heck, even C_C made that comparison!
    Last edited by Richard; 15-03-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information