• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which International Team Do You Support?

Which International Team do you Support?

• Total voters

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Would have voted for Germany - but that wasn't on the list....:dry:

Naa - until 1992 I didn't even no what cricket is. Than I arrived in SA and was just in time for the first series after readmission against India. (Kumble looked real sweet with those glasses..8-))...

So there I was watching TV and not having a clue what I am watching. Looked really strange - and a lot of goals (272/5 or something). Strange...
But the folks in the pub got me going and since I always liked sport (watching baseball between 1am and 5am while having to go to work...) I started picking up on it.

From than to really liking it was a small step. Those were the days of Keppler, BicMac (Millan), Kirsten Brothers, Mathews, Cullignan to name but a few. And they were playing players like Border, Hughes, Atherton, Akram - you name them.

So SA were the underdogs against all of those - and since I always had a heart for the underdog and since SA is my adopted home coutry - well - South Africa it has to be.

Second team? Well - I love the Irish - so Ireland it is. Lovely team colours as well...:cool:

Bit of a testimony now...sorry.

So the news from the middle is - South Africa

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Done it. Its always India !!! After that whichever team is playing good on the day. Used to hate England (Something to do with always talking about the Ashes when they win nothing) but Aussies have taken their position now.
Interesting to see that P Nottath's vote (which was initially recorded as Pnottath) has been changed to Precambrian with the merger of the accounts.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
It does already have one vote though - Matteh Mitchell, who voted for "other", is obviously a Germany fan.
To be honest - I don't even know in what league Germany is playing... it's just a bit far from home. If I would be able to follow them on TV, that might be different.

World Cricket

Cricket Spectator
The first night out I ever had in Melbourne, a girl stepped on my foot and then apologised.

I replied "no worries"

Then she goes, "actually you can f*$k off you pommy c*$t

The joys of being a pom in oz.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I guess you'd get a fair amount of telling-off for sig-avoidance in filters though TBH.

World Cricket, it's generally accepted that on CW the filter is there for a reason. Avoiding it ain't a good idea.