• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will the ICL last another season?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Think he might be banned for good.
ha, if the league goes and there is no reconsiliation then I hope the BCCI burns in hell.

Ive no issue with them playing hard ball to protect their interests, but once the threat goes then they must embrace all and quell any lingering divides and tensions.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the fact that one of the teams was willing to sign Adam Parore says something.

Adam Parore! :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ha, if the league goes and there is no reconsiliation then I hope the BCCI burns in hell.

Ive no issue with them playing hard ball to protect their interests, but once the threat goes then they must embrace all and quell any lingering divides and tensions.
Yeah, agree 100% with this.

I hope the ICL crashes and burns as soon as possible, it's doing no-one any good bar Zee TV and presumably the odd few players who are on insane contracts, exactly the same as WSC. As there, the game, though, suffers great potential damage. If the potential damage can be removed to the BCCI, it's their responsibility to make sure potential damage in other areas then goes.

However, I don't see the ICL folding before the 3-year original schedule is complete. I think 3 years' time is the best we can hope for. By then, someone like Shane Bond will presumably be at retire-age anyway, but you never know. There are others who will still eminently be young enough to return.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I already hope the BCCI burns in hell.

Maybe. I think the BCCI might push for a permanent ban to discourage any future undertaking that would undermine their monopoly.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe. I think the BCCI might push for a permanent ban to discourage any future undertaking that would undermine their monopoly.
The issue is two-fold. Firstly the BCCI will look like petty douches. Secondly and most importantly if perm bans are handed out then these players will have to find income somewhere. As they are excluded they are ripe for any other rebel league. In fact the ICL could drag on far longer than we think if the BCCI and ICC take this stance as the players have nowhere else to go.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The ICL was started purely to get viewership for Zee Sports. They're trying, all right. Maybe they'll find some better option to get fans back, but with Ten Sports also showing the event, they surely are under threat.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The ICL was started purely to get viewership for Zee Sports. They're trying, all right. Maybe they'll find some better option to get fans back, but with Ten Sports also showing the event, they surely are under threat.
zee sports have bought a controlling stake in ten sports.
The only positive that the ICL provides is that it offers cricketers a better negotiation option with their boards and offers them a alternative.For example Andre nel being unhappy with sa boards racist policies ,can threaten to quit playing for hem and join ICL.If ICL did not exist then he would have no option otherwise.

As for the ICL folding,i think that is not likely atleast in the next 3-4 years as they are adding new teams and players and have launched a 50-50 tournament and will be launching academies all over india and world.It is run by a rich group for whom small losses do not matter much.
But if the ICL crashes,then I am pretty sure that atleast the international players will be taken back.Not sure about the Indian players though.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The ecb will eventually manage to get a trade exemption from that.The money in the english counties is not the same anyways and they generally would want the best players and have room for few players.The ICl provides a bigger option specially to asian and other players.
Anyways i was only giving an example,Let's replace nel with Imran nazir and CSA with the PCB.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
TBH the Hamish Marshall of 2004 would be perfect for our ODI team at 6-7 and at around five for the test team.

Precambrian

Banned
ICL is really looking half baked and all dried up this time. The only sound in the crowd is that of the rented drummers. The pitch is worst. It is a zombie. Fast bowlers were near tears when their best efforts barely reached knee length. U-19 WC was steriod cricket as compared to this.

The only respite is some good swing bowling shown by Mahmood of Lahore Badshahs the other day. They are one good team and can rival the current "official" Pakistani" team. Inlies the biggest mistake of ICL, it has made the dull tournament now one-sided.