• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak team to destroy Aus in Aus in 2009

itduzz

Banned
Nasir Jamshed
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Mohd Yousuf
Misbah Ul Haq
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohd Asif
Umer Gul

:thumbup:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If Pakistan Board has any self respect left, they would not send their team to Australia for any future tours until Australia fulfills its commitment.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nasir Jamshed - :
.who? Not being disrespectful, I just haven't seen him play
Salman Butt - :[/QUOTE].goes good
Younis Khan - :[/QUOTE].good player
Mohd Yousuf - :[/QUOTE].will he be available?
Misbah Ul Haq -:[/QUOTE]. it's not a T20 match
Shoaib Malik - :[/QUOTE].won't be allowed to bowl
Shahid Afridi - :[/QUOTE].will score a quick fire 40 in one test, take 2/70 in one innings and declare his tour an outrageous success.
Kamran Akmal - :[/QUOTE].rate him, actually
Shoaib Akhtar -:[/QUOTE]. if it's over 30 degrees celsius, won't play
Mohd Asif -:[/QUOTE]. hopefully won't be spending too much time with the bloke listed above him - if he does, may not be available, but if he is, good bowler
Umer Gul -:[/QUOTE]. good bowler

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
.who? Not being disrespectful, I just haven't seen him play
Salman Butt - :
.goes good
Younis Khan - :[/QUOTE].good player
Mohd Yousuf - :[/QUOTE].will he be available?
Misbah Ul Haq -:[/QUOTE]. it's not a T20 match
Shoaib Malik - :[/QUOTE].won't be allowed to bowl
Shahid Afridi - :[/QUOTE].will score a quick fire 40 in one test, take 2/70 in one innings and declare his tour an outrageous success.
Kamran Akmal - :[/QUOTE].rate him, actually
Shoaib Akhtar -:[/QUOTE]. if it's over 30 degrees celsius, won't play
Mohd Asif -:[/QUOTE]. hopefully won't be spending too much time with the bloke listed above him - if he does, may not be available, but if he is, good bowler
Umer Gul -:[/QUOTE]. good bowler[/QUOTE]

Misbah did quite well in the recent India-Pak tests in India. Pakistan lost 1-0 in 3 matches, and but for him could've been 2-0.

Good luck on getting Akhtar,Aif,Gul available at the same time, though.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Mohammad Asif is the only player i fear in that list tbh, ie. the only player that is capable of really destroying us single handedly....

Akhtar on his day too - but he will be old in a couple of years -as will Lee, but Lee is much fitter

tooextracool

International Coach
There is a distinct possibility of said scenario becoming reality only if both Shoaib Malik and Shahid Afridi do not make the starting XI for the series.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pakistan refusing to tour Australia would do nought but make the situation even worse.
Sorry Richard, but a principal stand has to be taken. I recognize Australia's right to pull out of the tour for safety reasons, but they must make up the tour at a future date. I would support Pakistan not touring Australia until CA's obligation to us has been fulfilled.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Australia having an obligation to tour Pakistan is quite right. But tit-for-tat refusals could do nothing but worsen relationships and make more attempts at being awkward more likely.

Keeping as much in "secure stability" as possible is essential, IMO.

ret

International Debutant
Pak is so unpredictible, you never know if it is going to be gr8 or pathetic

And I agree with the thinking that Pak should consider NOT touring OZ until OZ fulfills its obligation .... that would be a good lesson to teams that cancel tours unnecessarily at the slighest hint of trouble

Burgey

Tell it to the ICC, who moved qualifying matches for the womens WC from Pakistan.

ret

International Debutant
i remember that in '96 WC, OZ did not go to SL to play a league game when other teams went there .... OZ haven't toured Pak since 1998, if I m not wrong, when other teams hv done that

after seeing all that^ and the way how some of the OZ players complained when they got the taste of their own medicine [sledging], the image of OZ players being tough is in the danger of getting tainted :p

Burgey

Well mate, I was pretty keen to travel to the States in August 2001, by October I wasn't quite as keen you see.

Is everyone suggesting the situation in Pakistan is the same or similar to what it has been in recent times when other sides have toured? I for one don't have the knowledge of the domestic political scene to know.
I've been very keen to have Australia tour there. First because, as people have said, sports teams have not been targeted, secondly because the trouble hasn't been in the test venues.

However, then we have a couple of recent bombs in Lahore, and we then hear Geoff Lawson on the radio here saying, firstly, "No trouble in the areas where the tests are on" (pre-Lahore), then after the Lahore bombs "Those things make me feel safer [proof he's a jibberer], coz I know they were military and govt targets. Sports teams don't get targeted".

Then I hear S Clark on the radio saying (fairly imo) "Well, it's not that we think we're targeted, but if you're in a place where a bomb goes off, it doesn't miss you coz you're a cricketer and they weren't after you to begin with".

So please, spare us this rubbish about manlihood and all that. It reduces a serious issue to platitudinous drivel about the size of your(probably prepubescent) old fella. I know India have toured there and others, including Aus A last year, though those tours were well before the recent troubles beginning with the Bhutto assassination. Seems quite easy to sit on the other side of the world, with no serious chance of your having to go there unless you want to (which is, of course your right, if you do want to go), and sprout off at other people who are concerned over their safety.

Point is, I wish they'd go, but they aren't - on advice from CA and from the government. Whether that advice is right or not, I can't say. I'd hope that if things settle down a bit, then they'd go there later in the year.

I'd also hope that, if the CT gets moved from Pakistan later this year, you will spread your vitriol to all other cricket playing countries, though I seriously suspect that you'll be conspicuously silent on the whole thing.

ret

International Debutant
Well mate, I was pretty keen to travel to the States in August 2001, by October I wasn't quite as keen you see.

Is everyone suggesting the situation in Pakistan is the same or similar to what it has been in recent times when other sides have toured? I for one don't have the knowledge of the domestic political scene to know.
I've been very keen to have Australia tour there. First because, as people have said, sports teams have not been targeted, secondly because the trouble hasn't been in the test venues.

However, then we have a couple of recent bombs in Lahore, and we then hear Geoff Lawson on the radio here saying, firstly, "No trouble in the areas where the tests are on" (pre-Lahore), then after the Lahore bombs "Those things make me feel safer [proof he's a jibberer], coz I know they were military and govt targets. Sports teams don't get targeted".

Then I hear S Clark on the radio saying (fairly imo) "Well, it's not that we think we're targeted, but if you're in a place where a bomb goes off, it doesn't miss you coz you're a cricketer and they weren't after you to begin with".

So please, spare us this rubbish about manlihood and all that. It reduces a serious issue to platitudinous drivel about the size of your(probably prepubescent) old fella. I know India have toured there and others, including Aus A last year, though those tours were well before the recent troubles beginning with the Bhutto assassination. Seems quite easy to sit on the other side of the world, with no serious chance of your having to go there unless you want to (which is, of course your right, if you do want to go), and sprout off at other people who are concerned over their safety.

Point is, I wish they'd go, but they aren't - on advice from CA and from the government. Whether that advice is right or not, I can't say. I'd hope that if things settle down a bit, then they'd go there later in the year.

I'd also hope that, if the CT gets moved from Pakistan later this year, you will spread your vitriol to all other cricket playing countries, though I seriously suspect that you'll be conspicuously silent on the whole thing.
I do understand that there are always reasons for not going like NOT going to SL in '96 WC when every other team played there .... so what were the reasons for NOT going to SL then?

And on the comment on the size of my old fella, well did ur gf tell you abt its size? :naughty: .... lets not get personal here as i guess you would not tell me that in a brick n mortar enviornment

Dude, clearly the OZ hv a history of backing out and thats what i m pointing at. yeah, I do understand you not traveling to the states post 9/11 :p .... it looks funny when ppl like Hayden talk abt boxing in the ring but fart at the thought of touring Pak. i guess, he said that he is happy with that decision

in my book, it's a ***** behavior :)

Last edited: