• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak team to destroy Aus in Aus in 2009

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You're so precious and easily offended that I wouldn't be surpirsed if any reported posts of yours were redirected to the trash bin.

But you've got me, along with half the forum, on ignore so you probably wouldn't hear this theory much.
If 6 people make up half of the forum then yes I have got half the forum on Ignore. Besides It is none of your business.

As for Sirdj's post, I did clarify earlier in the thread about why that post could be offensive, even if it isn't personally offensive to me. But for you to not read the post and come into this thread for only one reason, that is to attack me, justifies my decision to put you on my Ignore list. I would have missed your post, If not for my clearing up my browser history, which required me to login again and I read CW forums before I logged in.

Anyways, Well Done in coming to this thread and contributing so well to the thread topic. Now go back to the ignore hell.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz if you cant accept the fact that they operate on a totally different level in Pakistan.............then I have nothing much to say.
In how many countries have they managed to assassinate someone of the level of a Head of State??
Yes I cant accept that, I hope you stick to your word and don't say anything. :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Next aussie tour to pakistan will not happen,things will get worse,the talibans and alquaeda do not accept mushareffe or the democratically elected government.
The taliban wants either a deomcratically elected talban,religious zealots,or a dictatorship taken by force by the taliban or alquaeda.

Flem274*

123/5
If 6 people make up half of the forum then yes I have got half the forum on Ignore. Besides It is none of your business.

As for Sirdj's post, I did clarify earlier in the thread about why that post could be offensive, even if it isn't personally offensive to me. But for you to not read the post and come into this thread for only one reason, that is to attack me, justifies my decision to put you on my Ignore list. I would have missed your post, If not for my clearing up my browser history, which required me to login again and I read CW forums before I logged in.

Anyways, Well Done in coming to this thread and contributing so well to the thread topic. Now go back to the ignore hell.
A) I read your post, whilst he was technically wrong there does exist such a thing as Al Qaeda and other groups, who are all throughout the place.

B) I came into the thread to read it.

C) I actualy think its ignore heaven TBH

I can see why Aus haven't gone in, even if they're not targets it doesn't mean they can't get hit by chance. NZ always seems to be unlucky enough to have bombs go off in the vicinity of their hotel. They're not targets of course, just crap luck.

TBH it should have been player choice, if you want to go, go. If you don't, fair enough we won't hold it against you and your place will remain secure (provided you're in the preffered full strength line up)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Australia having an obligation to tour Pakistan is quite right. But tit-for-tat refusals could do nothing but worsen relationships and make more attempts at being awkward more likely.
You'd be right, if it was an isolated incident. Ten years is ridiculous.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Watch some cricket Burgey, that's an incredibly ignorant statement.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine...wling_by_team.html?id=3254;team=7;type=series

Ponting wishes he could bat like that in India.

With regards to Pakistan ever beating Australia in Australia, they'd need to get their batting right (which they haven't in years), and MUST have at least two of Gul, Asif and Akhtar playing.
Agreed with your post but having watched the domestic tournament recently I can assure yoo Pakistan has a good decent back up to the 3 mentioned in the form of Wahab Riaz and Sohail Khan though I know they have to prove them self on the Int level.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You'd be right, if it was an isolated incident. Ten years is ridiculous.
But it is no more than 2 pull-outs (1 of which was no more than following a similar course to several others). The 2nd pull-out may be illogical, but the 1st was not. And 10 years really isn't that long in cricket - you'd only expect to be playing twice in 10 years.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Reported.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
But it is no more than 2 pull-outs (1 of which was no more than following a similar course to several others). The 2nd pull-out may be illogical, but the 1st was not. And 10 years really isn't that long in cricket - you'd only expect to be playing twice in 10 years.
The fact they didn't bother to find a couple months in a decade says all that I need to know. If they don't tour pretty soon, I'd support a boycott without a doubt. You can't have a one way relationship like that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But why would they find 2 months in, say, 2000\01 when they'd toured there just 2 years previously? Or 2004\05 when a series which represented a tour there (it wasn't, but it was replaced by a neutral-venue series which was an exact copy in everything bar venue) had been played just 2 years previously?

As I said to Fus sometime (may well have been earlier this thread), you don't just revamp the entire schedule to include a country when there's a schedule in place which has plans for you to go at a certain date, just because "something might happen" around that date to stop the tour.

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
Thread Starter is Grade 1 troll, who has been repeatedly been kicked of other sites

..it's easy to find his threads besides using the same username

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The fact they didn't bother to find a couple months in a decade says all that I need to know. If they don't tour pretty soon, I'd support a boycott without a doubt. You can't have a one way relationship like that.
Find a couple of months/. Ha you make it sound so simple when clearly events over the past decade clearly would prove otherwise.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watch some cricket Burgey, that's an incredibly ignorant statement.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine...wling_by_team.html?id=3254;team=7;type=series

Ponting wishes he could bat like that in India.

With regards to Pakistan ever beating Australia in Australia, they'd need to get their batting right (which they haven't in years), and MUST have at least two of Gul, Asif and Akhtar playing.
T'was tongue in cheek Jono, but I should have turned the (attempted) humour meter down.
I think Pakistan, if the bowlers you name are fit, will have a good chance here. India showed Australia's batting is now vulnerable to quality seam bowlers, and each of those fellas you named are good 'uns. For that reason, while Pakistan will need their batting to be better than it has been here in the past, I think the days of needing to match 500+ scores by Australia on a consistent basis are now, if not gone, then at least a lot rarer thatn they were 3-5 years ago.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didn't read as humour, apologies Burgey. Misbah is gun though, love him (particularly for the fact that he finds different ways to get out just like Inzy did).

You're right to an extent, but a lot of India's good bowling performances came on the back of good batting. Sydney was the only one where they bowled well (prior to the Symonds debacle) without a score on the board, and its sometimes forgotten that India scored 500+ in their first innings there.

In Perth they didn't dominate, but did enough with vital knocks from Sachin and Laxman, and in Adelaide they scored 500+ again.

You're right, 500+ isn't always necessary, but you need some consistency with a couple of class batsmen when you play Australia in Australia. The only teams to beat Aus in Aus over the last few years are India, whose batting is high quality.

I just wish Pakistan would get some consistency in their batting. Because otherwise I could see Lee and Clark running through them, with Younis standing tall but running out of partners (no idea if Yousuf will even play come 2009).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono, you're up on the net damn early today!!!

I've heard Roebuck say to beat Australia, you need to win at least one of the battles of the new ball (probably applies to most teams, but anyway). I think India did this well in both test and ODI forms this summer, and certainly if pakistan are to challenge then they'll need one of a stable and in form top order, and their best new ball bowlers firing.
Of course, if they have both, then they'll be on the way.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Eventhough Pakistan is not known for having a production line of great batsmen but this previous generation of Farhat, Nazir, Faisal, Hameed, Taufiq have turned out to be even worse then garbage especially given the hype they had.

Out of the lot only Misbah, Hasan Raza,Salman Butt and Malik(to an extend) looked like int class but then Raza, Misbah (till last year) never got a fair run while Butt is still in a developing stage, however after watching some domestic cricket I have hope the future lot of Khurram Manzoor, Jamshed, Alam , Adnan Raza will turn out to be better then their predecessors.