• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak team to destroy Aus in Aus in 2009

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair nuff, I see your point, and I really do wish they'd have toured, but at the same time I can see why they didn't - it's a tough issue.

My gf told me about the other thing in your post when she, my wife and I were all out at dinner together :naughty:

subshakerz

International Coach
yea you didnt post the aus lineup..

stand that lineup next to the pak lineup its a whitewash.
Look at the Indian team. Man-for-man, they are little match for Australia, but they managed to push them to the edge. Pakistan have a much better bowling attack than India, so if they come together, who knows...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Although I don't take a 8-) that seriously, but I guess you do, so I would like to ask you what exactly is wrong with my statement, esp when it is common knowledge here about how strongly I feel on the issue ? Obviously I didn't post it provoke anyone or to start a flame war.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
If Pakistan Board has any self respect left, they would not send their team to Australia for any future tours until Australia fulfills its commitment.
For heavens sakes Sanz.......Australia has troops fighting in Afghanistan..........how long before one of the crazies decides to take a shot at the cricket team as a way of getting back at the Australian Government.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well mate, I was pretty keen to travel to the States in August 2001, by October I wasn't quite as keen you see.
That is the point. This sort of decisions are based on your perception and not on ground realities. I was living in America pre-911 and post 911 and I can safely say, there wasn't any difference from a common man's perspective.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
For heavens sakes Sanz.......Australia has troops fighting in Afghanistan..........how long before one of the crazies decides to take a shot at the cricket team as a way of getting back at the Australian Government.
I find this post very misinformed and highly offensive, Post reported.

Burgey

That is the point. This sort of decisions are based on your perception and not on ground realities. I was living in America pre-911 and post 911 and I can safely say, there wasn't any difference from a common man's perspective.
Any difference about what? How many panics were there in the US just after 9/11? How many times was the security alert at the highest level? Do you mean that the US didn't change and worry about threats more after 9/11?

It's not about being the target though. If some nutter blows himself up and you're in the vicinity, it doesn't matter whether he/ she wa targeting you personally, does it?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I do understand that there are always reasons for not going like NOT going to SL in '96 WC when every other team played there .... so what were the reasons for NOT going to SL then?
Incorrect Information. West Indies refused to play in SriLanka as well.

Not to forget the fact that SriLanka were alloted only 4 matches. 3 matches (Vs. Aus, WI & Zim) were to be played in Colombo and 4th match (Vs. Kenya) was played in Kandy. Needless to say only Zimbabwe and Kenya(and not every other team) played their WC matches in SriLanka. Although one must not forget that India/Pak did field a joint team in an exhibition game.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Any difference about what? How many panics were there in the US just after 9/11? How many times was the security alert at the highest level? Do you mean that the US didn't change and worry about threats more after 9/11?
Well you will have to take my word on this, since I am the one who is living here and know the ground realities more than you and probably most on this forum. Honest to god, I dont really remember how many times the security alert has been raised and the reason for that is it has not affected my normal life in US in any way.I also don't know about the panic buttons and all, if there has been any, it has gone un-noticed as well.

The only thing that has changed a bit in the US is that the right wing racist idiots have become little bit more vocal although they have not been able to do much either.

It's not about being the target though. If some nutter blows himself up and you're in the vicinity, it doesn't matter whether he/ she wa targeting you personally, does it?
Ofcourse and I fully understand the concern. But the point I have been trying to make is that that threat remain same whether the bomb explodes in London or Lahore. Unfortunately for some people, it doesn't.

Burgey

Yes, I agree with you on the inconsistency of the stance taken by the board over the two issues.
It may well be the case that if Australia were already there, and this flared up, then they wouldn't come home.
Sadly, it's hypothetical. Hopefully though they can tour soon, both the boards have described it as "postponed" rather than cancelled. Hopt that's right.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Now you're just being incendiary. How do you contrive to take personal offense THIS time?
Oh I am not personally offended by it, because I am not a Pakistani or Afghani myself.

First of all, Afghanistan is a different country, secondly It is not the Afghanistani terrorists that have been blowing up bombs in Pakistan and finally that post assumes that those terrorists have a free ride anywhere into Pakistan.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
First of all, Afghanistan is a different country, secondly It is not the Afghanistani terrorists that have been blowing up bombs in Pakistan and finally that post assumes that those terrorists have a free ride anywhere into Pakistan.
By crazies I meant the Al-Qaeda, Yes they do operate in Pakistan thru linked terrorist groups, and Yes they did kill Benazir via a bomb blast. So object all you want.

However being a cricket thread, I don't think I need to go any further down this line.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
By crazies I meant the Al-Qaeda, Yes they do operate in Pakistan thru linked terrorist groups, and Yes they did kill Benazir via a bomb blast. So object all you want.
So is there a country in the world where Al-Qaeda do not operate ?

Burgey

Who knows?

Be careful, you'll get dragged in for questioning. :)

There have been some, however, where they have not yet carried out terrorist attacks.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Sanz if you cant accept the fact that they operate on a totally different level in Pakistan.............then I have nothing much to say.
In how many countries have they managed to assassinate someone of the level of a Head of State??

Flem274*

123/5
I find this post very misinformed and highly offensive, Post reported.
You're so precious and easily offended that I wouldn't be surpirsed if any reported posts of yours were redirected to the trash bin.

But you've got me, along with half the forum, on ignore so you probably wouldn't hear this theory much.