• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

Precambrian

Banned
Very funny how Mickey Arthur cribbed when SA finally showed how "good" they were on "genuine" subcontinent pitches. The match was really exciting. Kallis was gloating a few days before the test match that the sub-par wicket and the news that India were going to play possible 3 spinners were good news for the SA batters, since they'd find spin comfortable by now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let them investigate, I don't mind.

However, I would like to know from the ICC why this is being investigated, and not the Chennai pitch of the first Test. The latter is much worse for Test cricket, while the former produced an exciting match. But it's the ICC, so keep on bungling....
So true.

funnygirl

State Regular
It is really shameful if SA couldn't train properly ,that is indeed a serious problem .

:laugh: @ Social's avatar .It is not that picture ,what is with this over the top glitter.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
However, I would like to know from the ICC why this is being investigated, and not the Chennai pitch of the first Test. The latter is much worse for Test cricket, while the former produced an exciting match.

Probably the best thing I have heard all day!! Completely agree!! I find it shameful how everyone starts raising their eyebrows when batsmen fail..how about those pitches where the likes of Sehwag go onto score triple centuries??

And why does everyone start complaining when India destroy a team with spinners! The same thing happened in 2004 in the fourth test against Australia!

I dont see anyone complaining when Australia demolished Pakistan in Perth in the first test in 2004! England, Australia, South Africa, even New Zealand to an extent produce bouncy, seaming wickets where they easily demolish sub continent batting lineups! How about an investigation into those pitches??

Home teams are supposed to prepare pitches that suit them!

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Very funny how Mickey Arthur cribbed when SA finally showed how "good" they were on "genuine" subcontinent pitches. The match was really exciting. Kallis was gloating a few days before the test match that the sub-par wicket and the news that India were going to play possible 3 spinners were good news for the SA batters, since they'd find spin comfortable by now.
Bang on target...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Believe it or not, cricketers and cricket teams can have bad days. Otherwise, India's 76 was match fixing too. Oh, and every crap shot played by Tendulkar is match fixing. And McGrath couldn't possibly bowl a wide delivery, that must be match fixing too. Kallis bowled through his defenses? Impossible. Match fixing.

And all the above situations above are far more likely than all eleven players in a side being in on a match fixing scandal.
Knockout punch...

slowfinger

International Debutant
Dravid, Kallis and Kumble are experienced, and looks like Dravid should retire, not got like equal centuries for a long time now I think and they are like old but could play another few years but Dravid retire next year to my relief. im not too sure though :unsure:

Precambrian

Banned
The way Dravid's been playing for the last year, won't really miss hime when he retires. However, considering what he's been for India since 99 WC, he's irreplaceable.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably the best thing I have heard all day!! Completely agree!! I find it shameful how everyone starts raising their eyebrows when batsmen fail..how about those pitches where the likes of Sehwag go onto score triple centuries??

And why does everyone start complaining when India destroy a team with spinners! The same thing happened in 2004 in the fourth test against Australia!

I dont see anyone complaining when Australia demolished Pakistan in Perth in the first test in 2004! England, Australia, South Africa, even New Zealand to an extent produce bouncy, seaming wickets where they easily demolish sub continent batting lineups! How about an investigation into those pitches??

Home teams are supposed to prepare pitches that suit them!
Australia????? Flat, dead, roads

Problem for the authorities with this test is that India had been calling for a certain type of track, picked three spinners knowing what they were going to get, got it it and the match was over in 3 days

Precambrian

Banned
So what's exactly illegal in that?

SA screwed up big time from a dominant position where they were 152-1 on the openng day. Also 14 wickets in the match were picked by seamers against 18 by spinners.