• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looking Back. 2000 U15 'World Cup'

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
In 2000 The Costcutter U15 World Challenge took place.

I thought it would be interesting to see how players had progressed in the 8 years since then.

WI won the comp (beating Pak) with players such as Rampaul, Xav Marshall and Ramdin.

England have had 2 players progress to Int honours (Cook and Bresnan) and apart from that the squad looks pretty hit and miss. They reached the semis along with India.

Interestingly the leading wickettaker was Nishan of Sri Lanka (12 wkts at 6 inc 7-8 in a game) and the leading run scorer was D van Wyk of SA. A fair question would be who are these guys.

Anyway, to review

Bowling Av

Batting Av

Squads

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah I remember looking back at this competition even 3 years or so ago, and there was already quite a bit of interest.

Even at 15 years of age, the cream does sometimes rise to the top.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Even at 15 years of age, the cream does sometimes rise to the top.
There is an element of that as well as an element of once you are in the system you tend to stay in and around it.

However, many of these kids came to nothing.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW Kenya will be sending a squad to this years edition and there are one or two who have already looking to become great including one Irfan Karim son of Aasif Karim hte spinner who bowled that legendary spell aginst Australia at the 2003 World Cup. He is pretty handy with the bat

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Mohammad Nadeem, who opened the batting and bowled as a frontline spinner for Pakistan, bowled right-arm to left-handers and left-arm to right-handers. I've heard nothing of him since though.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
BTW Kenya will be sending a squad to this years edition and there are one or two who have already looking to become great including one Irfan Karim son of Aasif Karim hte spinner who bowled that legendary spell aginst Australia at the 2003 World Cup. He is pretty handy with the bat
Look out for all rounder Emmanuel Bundi for Kenya as well and a young bowler caller Adison Ambani. Both these guys should go on to play for Kenya at senior level.

I'd be interested to see who people rate as the players to watch out for from the other nations - let's see who the good talent scouts are among us...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Interesting. The only names I can recognize from that Indian side are Ambati Rayudu and Irfan Pathan.. Obviously, only Pathan has made the national colors from that squad...