• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

375 in sight???

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well at the end of day two in the first test, Bangladesh v SA

Jacques Rudolph 170*
Boeta Dippenaar 131*

Current partnership 323

they have batted all day, and I think SA can afford to bat for another 2 days ....Could we see a few records being broken? If Laras 375 is going to be bettered, I think this is the best chance we have had yet..

PY

International Coach
Nicely optimistic, that would be some debut if Rudolph managed it. I'll watch with interest but don't hold any hopes for it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
More likely is the 3rd wicket record stand (about another session and a bit at the current rate)

krkode

State Captain
I kinda expected this to happen, but I gotta say, 375 is a bit too optimistic :P

But I think we'll see another debut double centurion.:wow:

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
krkode said:
But I think we'll see another debut double centurion.:wow:
There haven't been too many of those..... I can only remember Brendon Kuruppu of Sri Lanka who scored a double hundred in his debut test against NZ in the eighties. If Rudolph gets there it will be quite an achievement.

krkode

State Captain
aussie_beater said:
There haven't been too many of those..... I can only remember Brendon Kuruppu of Sri Lanka who scored a double hundred in his debut test against NZ in the eighties. If Rudolph gets there it will be quite an achievement.
The only one I ever saw was Sinclair's against the Windies. That was classic :wow:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i wish Sinclair would go back to batting like he did in his debut test, he'd be in the top 10 batsmen for sure..but he's never been consistent enough.

Cloete

International Captain
well the bangladeshi's r putting up some reaerguard action.

Bangladesh 173 & 116/1 (36.4 ov)

Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R
Javed Omar (RHB) 36 109 6 0 33.03 Striker
Habibul Bashar (RHB) 63 88 12 0 71.59 Non-striker

habibul bashar is in SUPERB form!!

Cloete

International Captain
lol :lol: . oops i haven't looked at that all day:O . i can;t believe how dumb i am:duh: :duh: looking at the card now. geez 232*. wat an absolute legend!! 4/417:O :O :O

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
he's 246 now, i think he's been dropped about 7 times because of some very poor fielding...3 times by the woeful Jayawardene.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Whats Rudolph on?
Cricinfo is not working for me.

Lets start taking bets for 300 lol