• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 Dream Team

bagapath

International Captain
If there was an auction of all the players who ever played cricket, I would spend my entire fortune (worth about $17.85) and build the following team.

this team, i believe, can save my life in Twenty20 cricket against any opposition, anywhere.

victor trumper
adam gilchrist (wk)
don bradman (c)
viv richards
george aubrey faulkner
garfield sobers
frank woolley
keith miller
imran khan
ian botham
kapil dev

Reserves:

walter hammond
richard hadlee
wg grace
jack gregory

Last edited:

slugger

State Vice-Captain
I dont think don bradman would be agressive enough... he only hit one 6 in international cricket. I mean i love and respect the guy and hes great beyond belief.. but there is no real way we know if he would have played hyper type cricket like 20/20 well.

bond21

Banned
Back in those days...you actually had to hit the ball over the fence for it to be a six, instead of 10 metres inside the fence.

The bats were pieces of wood, not nearly as good as modern bats.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
I dont think don bradman would be agressive enough... he only hit one 6 in international cricket. I mean i love and respect the guy and hes great beyond belief.. but there is no real way we know if he would have played hyper type cricket like 20/20 well.
He hit six 6's in test cricket tbh.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
That was only because it minimised the risk of getting caught out, I bet he could have hit loads more, but he just didn't.

FTR, he scored 300 runs in a day.

Nishant

International 12th Man
yuvraj needs to be in there TBH as well as Dhoni......this is 2020 we are talking abt....a lot of the greats would find it difficult to adjust to this form TBH....as shown by the recent T20 WC

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
  1. Hobbs
  2. Gavaskar
  3. Bradman
  4. Tendulkar
  5. Chappell
  6. Sobers
  7. Gilchrist
  8. Hadlee
  9. Marshall
  10. Barnes
  11. McGrath

I will beat any team 9/10 times. Guaranteed.

bagapath

International Captain
  1. Hobbs
  2. Gavaskar
  3. Bradman
  4. Tendulkar
  5. Chappell
  6. Sobers
  7. Gilchrist
  8. Hadlee
  9. Marshall
  10. Barnes
  11. McGrath

I will beat any team 9/10 times. Guaranteed.
looks more like a test XI SS...

For starters your openers are rock solid. they can bat for sessions without edging a single ball, but can they make use of field restrictions and go over the top? i dont think so. if you're sure of this being your twenty20 team then i wonder what your test team is!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
looks more like a test XI SS...
Yea.

For starters your openers are rock solid. they can bat for sessions without edging a single ball, but can they make use of field restrictions and go over the top? i dont think so.
Yes, they can. Bradman scored 300 in a day, and averaged 100 scoring at a rate that was very fast by their standards, with very substandard equipment compared to today. He'd be fine.

if you're sure of this being your twenty20 team then i wonder what your test team is!
Same.

bagapath

International Captain
Yes, they can. Bradman scored 300 in a day, and averaged 100 scoring at a rate that was very fast by their standards, with very substandard equipment compared to today. He'd be fine.
i dont think sunil gavaskar belongs in a twenty20 team. neither does jack hobbs.
but ofcourse, this is your team. just dont bet your life on it.

ret

International Debutant
From the guys currently playing cricket:

- Jaffar, Ganguly, Kallis
- Dravid, Prince, C'paul, Akmal
- Sami, Rana, Bandara, Hauritz

:p

slugger

State Vice-Captain
bradman was also only either run out once... tbh there probably would have been alot more for any number of players right up to the early 80's .. until the use of replays close calls just wouldnt have been given.. it was only recently in the nz vs eng odi series that a player was given out even when he was across the line but his foot and bat was in the air.. no way would that had been given out any period prior to replay technology..

Athlai

Not Terrible
Selecting the likes of Bradman to play in a form of the game that didn't even remotely exist in his time seems a bit odd for me. Even great Pajama cricket players have failed at this lite form of the game.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
A.Gilchrist (wk)
G.Greenidge
V.Richards (c)
G.Jessop
A.Wellard
G.Sobers
I.Botham
S.Afridi
W.Akram
A.Bedser