cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Waikato Times' NZ's Worst Cricketers

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.

The Waikato Times' NZ's Worst Cricketers

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4425276a10133.html

Heath gets a mention, but left out. Phew.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

International Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post

Depressing just looking at that team, really.

Why oh why does the NZ media like wallowing in self-pity and loves it when NZ is doing badly? We just won the ODI series FFS.
    Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), H Larwood, SK Warne, T Richardson, SE Bond

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Can't believe Geoff Allott and Chris Harris make the list of the worst NZ cricketers. Yes its obviously based on test cricket stats but this is the same Harris who played 250 ODIs and Allott, the joint leading wicket taker in the 1999 World Cup? Sticking Jones in there is also a bit harsh given he only played one match.

Not sure of the objective of the article TBH.

Matt's a bit of a negative Nigel. He was at the Ashburton Guardian before getting the Waikato gig and was always complaining about stuff whenever I talked to him (being a former Guardian reporter meself - and we often shared copy for Heartland Championship games). The thing that annoys me about these columns are that they've been done over and over before and add nothing new for the reader.

Love this description of your bowling

"A tearaway quickie whose chief attribute was to get the ball from A to B as quickly as possible notwithstanding any other consideration"

Great stuff

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Matt's a bit of a negative Nigel. He was at the Ashburton Guardian before getting the Waikato gig and was always complaining about stuff whenever I talked to him (being a former Guardian reporter meself - and we often shared copy for Heartland Championship games). The thing that annoys me about these columns are that they've been done over and over before and add nothing new for the reader.
    Year, agree with that. It's quite boring, in fact, and reflects poorly on the writer that the best he could come up with is a piece which requires little research and makes no constructive points at all. Plus, where's Rich De Groen?!

Or Chris Kuggle-juggle (to quote either Phlegm or the sadly gone Athlai, can't remember which)

I only found the article because I'm so self-absorbed that the keywords "Heath", "Davis" and "Heath Davis" are set up as RSS feeds on my homepage. I also have "No-ball Problem" set up.

The unfortunate side effect of late has been that my e-mail account has been inundated with articles about Heath Ledger.

Or Chris Kuggle-juggle (to quote either Phlegm or the sadly gone Athlai, can't remember which)
    That would be me.

We really are a bunch of glass half empties in the media ain't we? God knows what will happen when/if I get my journo job. How many of this lot will have heart attacks at my positivity?

Much more interesting to do a best XI ever TBH.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    We really are a bunch of glass half empties in the media ain't we? God knows what will happen when/if I get my journo job. How many of this lot will have heart attacks at my positivity?
    Except when it comes to rugby when the All Blacks media are hopelessly one-eyed, but that's another story.

I think this constant downer about our (non-Rugby) sporting heroes may be an unfortunate personality trait that we've inherited and retained from our former Colonial masters whilst the Australians have been particularly successful in shaking off this former Imperialist Yoke (to quote Sir Humphrey Appleby and the President of Cumran (sic.))
    Last edited by HeathDavisSpeed; 04-03-2008 at 12:37 AM.

Except when it comes to rugby when the All Blacks media are hopelessly one-eyed, but that's another story.

I think this constant downer about our (non-Rugby) sporting heroes may be an unfortunate personality trait that we've inherited and retained from our former Colonial masters whilst the Australians have been particularly successful in shaking off this former Imperialist Yoke (to quote Sir Humphrey Appleby and the President of Cumran (sic.))
    Heath don't know whether this is true but did you ever play pro cricket?
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

What do you reckon would happen if I said Mark Todd+Charisma>any All Black team in terms of achievement? He won gazillions of World Championships and the Olympic Gold twice wheras our great rugby teams well, won a couple of Grand Slams, a world cup, and a few localized series.

How long would I live if I dared to write that in a paper?

Its fun to stir them up.

What would happen is that you'd get plenty of people writing in to point out that to win such events, Todd needs a good horse. Which he had in the form of Charisma.

But then again, you're biased towards eventing anyway, so I'd take your opinion with a massive, jodphur-wearing, wrist-flapping, gin-sipping grain of salt.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    the sadly gone Athlai
    Don't despair, he's not as gone as you may think. I still hope we shall see him back here sometime.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Can't win, can we? Poms are routinely bagged as arrogant and now you're also blaming us for giving you your cultural cringe!
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Brexit is the Tory party's baby; it's been a long and painful labour and, at the very last minute, they've sh@t all over it.'" - Frankie Boyle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information