• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Bangladesh Thread

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
South Africa versus Bangladesh test series

The first test is on, between the official number one test playing nation on earth and the real minnows, the "not-even-in-the-rankings" test nation.

Day one is Paul Adams' who gets a five wicket haul and Habibul Bashar who scores a decent enough 60 odd runs.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Bangladesh 173
South Africa 364/2 (112.0 ov)

Wow South Africa taking a hammering :P

Seriously though good to see Rudolph making a big hundred on debute even if it is only against Bangladesh & well played by Dippenaar as well.

I'ts going to be scary when Bangladesh play Australia later this year in oz.

Andre

International Regular
Great to see Rudolph score a century on debut - regardless of the attack, it can't be taken away.

He's just the second South Africa to do it on debut and I think there is a good chance he will make it a double.

By the way, I'm preparing a feature article on him at the moment.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
:O

I thought there were laws against manslaughter. :P :)
Maybe, the Aussies could field their U-19 team or something.....they would still win, but it may not be that much of a slaughter.....

Legglancer

State Regular
Bangladesh cricket team regretfully has been going through a "suffering phase" for the longest time due to varous reasons .... mainly According to Dave Watmore the whole team has been infected by a "collective defeatist attitude". But all is not lost for Bangladesh ... They have some talented players who have to learn to believe in themselves. Personnally I feel, the appointment of Watmore is going to be quite a positive move for them. If anyone can turn these guy's I believe its Him. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I hope that for Bangladesh's sake he gets somewhere, because I can see Rudolph and Dippenaar batting all tomorrow as well..

Legglancer

State Regular
I think it's a little too optimistic to predict the Bangla team turning around in the near future. Watmore's coaching will realistically will bring positive results in 2+ years gradually. I am afraid nothing probably will change tommowrow. :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ive heard a quote that Eastern Province 2nd XI would beat Bangladesh...I think they might actually, If it was played in Port Elizabeth...

I feel sorry for Dav Whatmore... What did he do wrong with SL to deserve this????

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Legglancer said:
I think it's a little too optimistic to predict the Bangla team turning around in the near future. Watmore's coaching will realistically will bring positive results in 2+ years gradually. I am afraid nothing probably will change tommowrow. :(
I wasn't. I was emphasising the size of the hole that Bangladeshi cricket was in...

I think Whatmore's seeing it as a challenge. Couldn't be much bigger, could it?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh making a good fist of it in the 2nd innings

Habibul Bashar & Javed Omar putting the South African bowlers to the sword.

131/1

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh i expect SA to wrap this up in the morning...

Im a bit worried about SA's bowling attack... Although Dawson and Willoughby can hold their own, they arent going to win many matches against top opposition.. Although Sa had a poor world cup, i dont think they are in particularly poor nick...

I suppose Kallis back would help (He has a family bereavemant back home)..Mfuneko Ngam impressed me although he has long term injury problems.. And I cant see why Nicky Boje isnt out there!? i dont think he is injured... Klusener is out of favour but he hasnt looked penetrative for a while... I dont rate Zondeki anyway..

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Bangladesh started out alright, but as usual, their middle order crumbled & they're looking straight at the gift horses mouth.

I know Rudolph got his double century against Bangladesh but its still a good effort if you ask me..I just hope for South African fans that he doesn't do a Mathew Sinclair & go on to be a wasted talent who is far too inconsistent.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Originally posted by Langeveldt And I cant see why Nicky Boje isnt out there!?[/B]
Maybe it's because it's Bangladesh who they're playing...

They may be resting him......or he may indeed be injured. :D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Boje was a victim of South Africa's poor World Cup showing, I think I read an article saying that he was dropped rather than injury or anything else.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's just wrong. World cricket as we know it is falling apart! Retirements (willing or otherwise), injuries, mis-selections, Asoka DeSilva!!!......

What a crazy three months!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not sure if Asoka will last much longer, even Dicky Bird at his old age now could do a better job.