• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could get rid of one thing from the cricketing scene...

If you could get rid of one thing:

• Total voters

pasag

RTDAS
Say you could push a button and get rid of something that's been annoying you greatly in recent times which would it be?

Other options to be added on request.

readie

State Regular
yeah i agree - the balance in conditions between bowlers and batsmen needs to be evened in my opinion - there are way to many pitches prepared like roads in Australia, and it shows - why would anyone want to be a spinner at the moment, you can bowl well and get hit all over the park

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bully-style muscle/power batting. It's almost getting to the stage where I'd rather watch the women bat because they have to use their technique to score any runs.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wow, this is tough:

Sledging or umpiring errors? Hmm. Umpiring errors are annoying short lived but sledging ruins the game for us.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Umpiring errors. Then we'd actually be able to focus on what actually happened, instead of what might have happened had say Ponting not been given out LBW after smashing it into his pads in the first session of the test match. Would also stop a lot of people whinging about bias and the like.

Flat/Dead pitches run a close second though. I hate matches that fizzle out to a boring draw because the pitch on day 5 is arguably the best it's been for batting all test match.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Umpiring errors. Then we'd actually be able to focus on what actually happened, instead of what might have happened had say Ponting not been given out LBW after smashing it into his pads in the first session of the test match. Would also stop a lot of people whinging about bias and the like.
I doubt that. Instead, the blame would fall on Duckworth/Lewis, or sledging, or webbing in gloves, or whether Michael Clarke caught it or not... All because of:

Victim mentality
Grow up, world.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Duckworth Lewis for me.............saw pakistan sorta robbed of the finals birth in the U19 world cup.........I think rained out matches should just be continued the next day..........tournaments should have reserve days for contingencies......if unutilised it could be used a charity game or something good like that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't really think we'd resort to the 'Anglo über alles' of the first hundred years or Test cricket if BCCI were gone. Ideally, you'd have some nice balance. Unfortunately BCCI has people who were young in the 70s and 80s, and feel a lot of animosity towards the MCC and how they were always treated second class in cricket, so they just want to 'give it back', which obviously is as unhealthy for the game as it was back then.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I doubt that. Instead, the blame would fall on Duckworth/Lewis, or sledging, or webbing in gloves, or whether Michael Clarke caught it or not... All because of: (Victim Mentality). Grow up, world.
Duckworth Lewis for me.............saw pakistan sorta robbed of the finals birth in the U19 world cup.........I think rained out matches should just be continued the next day..........tournaments should have reserve days for contingencies......if unutilised it could be used a charity game or something good like that.
I know quoting yourself is neither big nor clever, but...

For those unfamiliar with the game in question, D/L saw Pakistan's target reduced from 261 in 50 to 252 in 47. They proceeded to get themselves bowled for 153 in 39.3.

Clearly the reason was nothing to do with Yaseen Vallie's 4/25, nor the fact that only five Pakistans passed ten, nor that only Ahmed Shahzad made more than 22, nor that the top order has hardly fired all tournament, nor that they allowed SA to make 260 in the first place.

It was Duckworth/Lewis' fault, exclusively.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I know quoting yourself is neither big nor clever, but...

For those unfamiliar with the game in question, D/L saw Pakistan's target reduced from 261 in 50 to 252 in 47. They proceeded to get themselves bowled for 153 in 39.3.

Clearly the reason was nothing to do with Yaseen Vallie's 4/25, nor the fact that only five Pakistans passed ten, nor that only Ahmed Shahzad made more than 22, nor that the top order has hardly fired all tournament, nor that they allowed SA to make 260 in the first place.

It was Duckworth/Lewis' fault, exclusively.
I think the problem with D/L is that people choose not to understand it.

It works about as well as a system like that can work.