• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohd Sami joins ICL

Xuhaib

International Coach
Just read it on another forum. All I want to say is

YES YES!!!!!!

Finally Pak cricket has got rid of that cancer now lets hope Faisal Iqbal, Danish Warneria and Yasir Hameed follows him

Fusion

Global Moderator
:laugh:

I hope he's gone for good this time. I don't think even Imran has the power to bring him back anymore.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the end of cricket's greatest enigma. A question that may never be answered. At least Sami had pace. We've seen bowlers represent Pakistan, with absolutely nothing .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Any chance of them signing up James Anderson???
Or, better still, Sajid Mahmood?

Seriously - first read of this a week or so ago now TBH, was like AT LAAAAAAAAASTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no more, yay.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

YES YES!!!!!!

Finally Pak cricket has got rid of that cancer now lets hope Faisal Iqbal, Danish Warneria and Yasir Hameed follows him
Yeah like Pakistan have any better bowlers than Kaneria and Sami.8-) 8-)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You could make a convincing argument for Sami to be the worst test bowler in history (and I think someone did).
While that may be true, If Pakistan had any better bowlers, Sami would not have played test cricket for 7 years and 33 tests.

Not to forget, Danish Kaneria, who may not be a great bowler but the way Xuhaib has been talking about him it seems that Pakistan has couple of Warnes and Muralis waiting in the wing to take over and there are not getting their chance only because of Kaneria. As soon as The Kanerias and Samis are banned , PCB will unleash the new Imrans and Warnes on the world.

haroon510

International 12th Man
actully i find it supprising why ICL signed him.. but again it is ICL and they need any player that has the history of being in a side or has played first class cricket..

i am also supprised that no one mentioned Rana navid ul hasan's name here.. he is also on the same list of the player that has joined Icl recently.. i considered sami better than rana just because sami has pace and he can be useful because of that but Rana is just simply Mediocare..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You could make a convincing argument for Sami to be the worst test bowler in history (and I think someone did).
Or, better still, Sajid Mahmood?

Seriously - first read of this a week or so ago now TBH, was like AT LAAAAAAAAASTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no more, yay.
Yup for the opposition.

Finally it will be 11 vs 11 rather then the 10 vs 12 which we have got so used to atm.
Nail in the coffin for the ICL. They must be desperate.
:laugh:

I hope he's gone for good this time. I don't think even Imran has the power to bring him back anymore.

YES YES!!!!!!

So I take it we all agree that he's been a fine cricketer for Pakistan then?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah like Pakistan have any better bowlers than Kaneria and Sami.8-) 8-)
There atleast dozen better bowlers then Danish and Sami on our domestic circut. Kaneria is not even the no 1 spinner for Habib Bank if you have a look at the records Mohd Aslam the left-arm spinner continously outperforms him and as for Sami his performances on the domestic circut though not as poor as they are on Int circut are still pretty average. I know people who follow Pakistan domestic cricket very closely and many believe Rauf, Najaf Shah, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz and now Anwar Ali are much better bowler then Sami is/was and you never know there might be some some more hidden in our poorly organized domestic structure.

I believe the only reason Sami was given soo many chances was due to continous support shown by Imran Khan ,since Imran had such a wonderfull eye for talent spotting in his captaincy days that people find it impossible to believe that he could be wrong at times.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
There atleast dozen better bowlers then Danish and Sami on our domestic circut. Kaneria is not even the no 1 spinner for Habib Bank if you have a look at the records Mohd Aslam the left-arm spinner continously outperforms him and as for Sami his performances on the domestic circut though not as poor as they are on Int circut are still pretty average. I know people who follow Pakistan domestic cricket very closely and many believe Rauf, Najaf Shah, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz and now Anwar Ali are much better bowler then Sami is/was and you never know there might be some some more hidden in our poorly organized domestic structure.

I believe the only reason Sami was given soo many chances was due to continous support shown by Imran Khan ,since Imran had such a wonderfull eye for talent spotting in his captaincy days that people find it impossible to believe that he could be wrong at times.
That's pure speculation on your part. Sami was given chances because the likes of Iftikhar Anjum, Naved Ul Hasan, Mohammad Zahid, Mohammad Akram, Fazal-e-Akbar, Riaz Afridi etc all turned out crap.

If Pakistan has better bowlers then why the hell they still have Sohail Tanvir and Yaseer Arafat playing for them ?

And If Imran was the force behind Sami, who was behind Kaneria ? They guy has played 50+ tests for Pakistan and has taken 200+ wickets. I would like to see what options they have as his replacement. Last time they needed a second spinner, they had to dig a grave in Peshawar.

Last edited:

shortpitched713

International Captain
Oh god, what has happened to Pakistan cricket? The events of the last few months or so have been quite depressing, but I think this recent loss really brings things to a head.

Why have you forsaken us Sami, why? :(