• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gilchrist Pads Up For Channel Nine

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Gichrist is excellent. I've read some of his articles, and they are eloquent and thoughtful. Along with Lee, probably the Aussie I respect and like the most. He'll be much better than Healy.

JBMAC

State Captain
He will bring a "unique" aspect to the commentary box having just left the game.Similar to what Mark Taylor has done.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Always thought that Gilchrist was the most media savvy of the current Australian players by a long way. He will be an excellent commentator.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
With Fuller, you guys probably know more than I do, but he always seemed like one who would make a smooth transition to the booth, if he wanted to.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
9 should clear out Taylor, Healy, Lawry, Chappelle and O'Donold. I'd get rid of Benuad but people would have heart attacks.

masterblaster

International Captain
Wonderful news. Adam Gilchrist would make a wonderful addition to the Channel 9 commentary box. He's always come across as being intelligent with his words and has the respect of not only all the players but also the entire cricketing audience.

Julian87

State Captain
Very good news. They do need these more recent players because tbh, the like of Greig and Lawry are becoming quite outdated.

rama_v

Cricket Spectator
9 should clear out Taylor, Healy, Lawry, Chappelle and O'Donold. I'd get rid of Benuad but people would have heart attacks.
Chappelli can be annoying but at least he says some good points. Lawry is exciting and has become part of the aussie summer, really. Taylor is not bad but Healy and O'Donnel are both poor. And the legend must leave on his own terms.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
Chappelli can be annoying but at least he says some good points. Lawry is exciting and has become part of the aussie summer, really. Taylor is not bad but Healy and O'Donnel are both poor. And the legend must leave on his own terms.
Chappelle did his homework this summer and spat out some insightful things about India. But gets annoying when he regurgitates what little he knows over and over again - often in the same match. Same applies to Lawry, except I can't remember the last time he said anything interesting. Taylor too has nothing of any real consequence to say.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
"Please replace that other dire keeper. Please replace that other dire keeper. Please replace that other dire keeper."

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Very predictable that hes been signed by Channel 9, though has been very entertaining with his on-field efforts so should definitely be worth listening to in the box.

Mish

Cricket Spectator
Gilly has a great sense of humour. I'd love to hear him on the mic full-time. I was a huge fan of Healy when he was playing... but his commentary is just awful.

"Australia to score 1,467 and Brett Lee to take one million wickets."

Bit of an exaggeration, I know... but the point still stands.

chalky

International Debutant
You would imagine 9 will have to get rid of someone otherwise they will be having 4 men commentating.:blink:

I would've thought Warnie would have got a gig by now especially with the work he did during his suspension.