• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vincent gone. NZ cricket to be gone in approx. 2 years

Loony BoB

International Captain
Gutted about Vincent. Always felt he could have done so much more for NZ than a bunch of the batsmen we've used in his place have done.

In the long run, surely the ICC are going to have to cave. We can't go on like this forever. It's damaging cricket around the world.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
All I can say is "Good on 'im"
NZC ****s around with too many players futures. If I was in such a predicament and had such an opportunity I would take it. I am sure anyone else would as well.

irfan

State Captain
I feel really bad for NZ fringe cricketers who have to resort to the ICL for financial security. Hopefully the ICC and NZC step in and vastly improve player contracts and restore national pride so players aren't tempted by the large sums being thrown around by the ICL so stocks aren't even more diminished.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The NZC can't just "vastly improve" the salaries though. Only recently, thanks to a deal with Sony, have they had a decent financial year. The money has to come from somewhere - and I don't see that being the NZC coffers any time soon.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
wasnt tuffey involved in some scandal with a christchruch nun a few years back?
I wouldn't say she was a nun, per se...

It involved a milkshake (no-one's really sure exactly how) and the girl - let your imaginations run wild.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Stop it please guys, isn't appropriate and obviously has nothing to do with the thread at hand.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, the thread is about disappearing NZ cricketers...someone's going to have to produce some new ones. It's vaguely related :happy:

sportychic33

State 12th Man
From Vincent's interview on RadioSport at 11.30am this morning, it sounds like he doesn't have major problems with NZC.
Due to his depression Vincent had decided to have a break from international duties for the next 12-18 months, meaning that when the NZ Contracts come up for renewal he would either be on very little or not have one at all. As he is a normal person who has to pay mortgages and has a family to raise he decided to take up the offer from the ICL, where he would obtain a fair whack of cash for minimal time spent away from his family and therefore would have less pressure to make ends meet between Domestic Seasons (and possibly international duties).
The good thing is that he has been honest, however he neglected to deal with NZC as a professional and find a way out of his contract.
Vincent said that he didn't have any issues with NZC who he said had been good to him and that he was rung by Bracewell who wished him all the best.