• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australias Spinner for Pakistan

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can someone add a poll.
These are my options:
McGain
MacGill
Cullen
Hauritz
Other
Ya Mum
You
None, Australia's spinners are ****. :laugh: :ph34r:

Burgey

MacGill if fit would be a certainty I would have thought.

Other than that, McGain to reprise the role of Dutchy Holland.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
White's bowled really well the last few times I've seen him. Not enough for a test call up, but it's at least a reasonable sign. Shame about his batting form, though...

howardj

International Coach
MacGill if fit would be a certainty I would have thought.

Other than that, McGain to reprise the role of Dutchy Holland.
haha He'd want to bat a bit better than Dutchy.

Dutchy - the ultimate rabbit.

But yeah, McGain's stats are quite outstanding when you stack them up against Warney's Shield/Pura Cup stats.

He would be my pick.

Top_Cat

I guess it depends on whether the selectors reckon the younger blokes like Cullen are able to perform well enough to not be an embarrassment. If they think they need more time, I'd say they'll go for McGain and MacGill to give them that time. Otherwise, if they want to throw someone in at the deep end, it's open. Dan Cullen is probably marginally in front of Heal and the rest, though.

howardj

International Coach
I think that selections of spinners should be made remembering that spinners never do that well at Pura Cup level (even SKW). It might seem counter-intuitive, but chaps like Cullen, Hauritz, Bailey etc will go better at international level.

Burgey

I think that selections of spinners should be made remembering that spinners never do that well at Pura Cup level (even SKW). It might seem counter-intuitive, but chaps like Cullen, Hauritz, Bailey etc will go better at international level.
You could well be right there mate.

FTR, Warne has come out and endorsed McGain today.

sideshowtim

Banned
You could well be right there mate.

FTR, Warne has come out and endorsed McGain today.
Warne endorsing a Victorian isn't anything I'd make a big noise about. He's endorsed Shane Harwood for the national team for years. And also strongly endorses every singly Hampshire player for England.

Still, I think McGain and MacGill should get the nod.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Given the spin landscape in Australia, how good are Jack's chances? :p
Think the little "being at uni" thing might have a temporary brake on his international ambitions TBH.

Anyway - still almost hoping McGain might play. Not that I want him to do well obviously (though given the usual Pakistani weaknesses with spin you couldn't possibly rule it out) but it's always highly amusing to see a player come from virtually nowhere to international level in the space of a season.

If MacGill's fit though it'd make no sense to go with anyone else.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I still reckon I could do just as good, 5-12 off 4 overs last week (spread over 2 games)

morgieb

MacGill's a shoe in if he's fit
If not, McGain should be the spinner (In test matches)