• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuck in the Middle

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Much of this has to do with confidence. A couple failures, some doubts creep in, then nothing ever seems to go right.

I've had seasons where the runs flowed freely and never could get out. Then there was the one where nothing seemed to go right. Dont know why, but the form returned soon after.

AussieFlea

Cricket Spectator
Wow -- thanks for the link!

I agree that confidence plays a huge part, and I too have had a similar streak of invincibility where I'd annoy the hell out of the opposing team, only to find that a couple of months later I'd be getting out every time in the first over.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's certainly a good piece.

Lucky Ponting didn't follow Roebuck's advice of a few weeks ago - he would have retired or been sacked by now if he had!! :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Funnily enough, the day Roebuck wrote an article about what Ponting was doing wrong at the crease, Ponting tonned up.

Maybe he read and took some advice? :p

Burgey

Funnily enough, the day Roebuck wrote an article about what Ponting was doing wrong at the crease, Ponting tonned up.

Maybe he read and took some advice? :p
Yeah - it was amazing to just see, from ball one, the difference in the way he let the ball come to him instead of pushing at it.

Top_Cat

Yeah - it was amazing to just see, from ball one, the difference in the way he let the ball come to him instead of pushing at it.
I guess he has to do that from time to time. Was a big problem in the early days and I get the feeling he gets anxious to feel ball on bat if he's feeling pressure of some sort.

The article still doesn't convince me that batsmen deserve sympathy, though. :D Where's the corresponding article on quicks? Injuries every few weeks, bowling in pain, bowling well but not taking wickets, etc. where's the equity?! Bah, batsmen are wimps.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The article still doesn't convince me that batsmen deserve sympathy, though. :D Where's the corresponding article on quicks? Injuries every few weeks, bowling in pain, bowling well but not taking wickets, etc. where's the equity?! Bah, batsmen are wimps.
AWTA. Get Kamran Abbasi on it, IMO.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I guess he has to do that from time to time. Was a big problem in the early days and I get the feeling he gets anxious to feel ball on bat if he's feeling pressure of some sort.

AWTA

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Fast bowlers are at the bottom of the sympathy heap, for good reason. They're not very endearing. In fact, some are downright dastardly. Sympathy ?