• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jason Gillespie Set To Retire?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
An article telling of Martyn, Kasprowicz and Elliot joining the ICL has hinted that Jason Gillespie may retire to join the rebel league.

Jimmy Maher, who will play his last game for Queensland from Friday, and Jason Gillespie, who is expected to retire in the next couple of weeks, are also expected to be chased by the ICL.
Article here.

howardj

International Coach
I'm not sure, but I think he announced last week that he is retiring.

ICL sure is skimming the top off the domestic scene - Maher, Kasprowicz, Elliot, Gillespie.

Dizzy is probably the biggest shock - going from CA contracted to retired altogether.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maher eh? Him and Gillespie is ITSTL.

Think Elliott and Kasprowicz would have gone about now ICL or no ICL though.

Either way - my feelings well-known - sooner ICL withers and dies the better.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Gillespie gave up going to the ICL, He rather be better then the Welshmen...

I'm pretty sure he's not going to retire...

pup11

International Coach
I thought Dizzy was going to join the IPL, he was saying a lot of good things about it the other day in an interview.

Mister Wright

I thought Dizzy was going to join the IPL, he was saying a lot of good things about it the other day in an interview.
Money talks.

Personally I find it the most disapointing of all the recent retirements. Still has a lot ot offer South Australian cricket.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I'm still very unclear as to whether Marto is playing for ICL or not. I'm actually not sure I want him to. As for Gillespie, yeah, um, a real loss...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Money talks.

Personally I find it the most disapointing of all the recent retirements. Still has a lot ot offer South Australian cricket.
Yeah agree with this, could have done a job on the english county circuit as an overseas player as well.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure counties are still selecting IPL players. Law playing this season for Lancashire last time I checked. With one oversea players I don't think too many countries are that keen to sign him.

duffer

Good luck to Dizzy if he is retiring. I've met him a few times and he's one of the nicest blokes you're likely to meet. If he's after one final payday in the ICL then good on him. I wish him well.

howardj

International Coach
I'm still very unclear as to whether Marto is playing for ICL or not. I'm actually not sure I want him to. ...
I'm pretty sure Marto is, which is a shame.

It ruins the air of mystery that's surrounded him since his retirement.

I mean, nobody has sighted him for at least 13 months!

Best retirement ever!

Perm

Bit of a legend was ol' Dizzy. Had to respect a man with a mullet as greasy as his was.

Perm

Haha, I know what a mullet is mate, I used to have one. Would probably classify Gillespie's as a mullet, but maybe not technically.