• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden calls Harbhajan an obnoxious weed

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Can't really disagree with his assessment, but probably not the best thing to do.

While Dhoni accuses Australians of constantly provoking teams, which is probably not the best thing to do either.

So what happened to that 'zero tolerance policy' again? Ridiculous ICC ****s it up again. BCCI need to push that ban hard, and not settle for anything less than a complete ban on any sledging.

I am now openly rooting for an all out brawl in the middle, because I don't see anything less having the desired effect.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Can't really disagree with his assessment, but probably not the best thing to do.

While Dhoni accuses Australians of constantly provoking teams, which is probably not the best thing to do either.

So what happened to that 'zero tolerance policy' again? Ridiculous ICC ****s it up again. BCCI need to push that ban hard, and not settle for anything less than a complete ban on any sledging.

I am now openly rooting for an all out brawl in the middle, because I don't see anything less having the desired effect.
Haha. I-RONY!

Hayden's got no right to come out in the media and randomly abuse others for being obnoxious. It's hardly going to help his own image, let alone that of his team.

EDIT: I, too, am hoping for an all out brawl, but the downside of that is that Australia would probably win. Although at least unlike in Test cricket, the other team might at least take down one or two of the Aussies.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
EDIT: I, too, am hoping for an all out brawl, but the downside of that is that Australia would probably win. Although at least unlike in Test cricket, the other team might at least take down one or two of the Aussies.
Yea, they'd probably win. Doesn't matter though - a few bat swings and stump swings are more than enough to get attention. If I was a Test player that was financially secure, I'd certainly start throwing a punch if someone started calling me names. Can't let cowards get away with it on the field when they wouldn't in a bar.

ret

International Debutant
read this on another thread

Unnecessary comments by Haydo

BCCI should kick some of these trash-talkers out of IPL. It would take some extra money away from them and hopefully teach them on how to think b4 they speak

though this feeling is from an Ind PoV

cheers

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think BCCI and harbhajan should sue hayden.
If they want to play mind games let's take it to the next level.

pasag

RTDAS

He said it on radio, just in case there's a misunderstanding here. It's pretty obvious he's bitter about the whole Sydney fiasco, especially when Hayden was the one that was convinced they'd finally got him with witnesses. Still, the team on the whole wants to move on and forget about it, so it's pretty silly to reopen old wounds and not really needed at all.

I don't get why anyone would call for a complete ban on sledging after the Symonds-Sharma incident. I think it was dumb Sharma got fined and Dhoni and the Indians have the right to feel aggrieved that they were singled out for something relatively harmless but to say stuff like that should be banned and cracked down on? Cmon.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Australians stepping up the gamesmanship ahead of the finals series. The process had begun during the previous game the two teams played. Not a fan of such comments in the media like the one made by Hayden here though. It is okay when McGrath says Australia will win a series 5-0 but resorting to such comments in the media is definitely not on imo.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Big ugly bold ape (Am I right?) calls Harbhajan a "obnoxious weed". Can't disagree though. But this bully needs a ban with his mate Symonds for boorish behavior. I'd first shoot the three SL life gaurds that pulled these two out in a near drowning experiance in southers SL few years back. They should have let these two pieces of sh*t drown.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Big ugly bold ape (Am I right?) calls Harbhajan a "obnoxious weed". Can't disagree though. But this bully needs a ban with his mate Symonds for boorish behavior. I'd first shoot the three SL life gaurds that pulled these two out in a near drowning experiance in southers SL few years back. They should have let these two pieces of sh*t drown.
Haha whoa, steady on.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbh stupid people say stupid things, and its common knowledge that matthew hayden is seriously lacking in the common sense department. That said, the comments made by Dhoni are perhaps unwise but not particulary malicious, and there is some truth behind it, that said its still a stupid thing to say.

Problem is Haydens comments are just brash and personal, no professional undertone to his sentiments whatsoever, backs up my opinion that the guy is a complete ****.

sideshowtim

Banned
Good stuff. Hayden speaks the truth and adds some more fire to the series.

I think the Australians generally get along with the Indian team pretty well. I'd say a majority of them can have a good chat and laugh after a game. Harbhajan seems to be an exception to this though. And given some of the things he's done lately, you can't blame the Australians for hating him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The aussies start hating anyone who does well against them.
Harbhajan won a famous series against then they hate him since and now they are starting to hate ishant sharma too.They even had quarrels with wasim and waqar when they bowled well.

ret

International Debutant
now i m not an expert on legal matters but i guess that when you call someone, ideally a person of some imp, inappropriate stuff in public then it could amt to something like defamation or an attempt at character assassination

the point is not whether to sue Haydo here but just stating that probably that can be done, esp considering how resourceful lawyers are and how these things bring in money

cheers

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He said it on radio, just in case there's a misunderstanding here. It's pretty obvious he's bitter about the whole Sydney fiasco, especially when Hayden was the one that was convinced they'd finally got him with witnesses. Still, the team on the whole wants to move on and forget about it, so it's pretty silly to reopen old wounds and not really needed at all.

I don't get why anyone would call for a complete ban on sledging after the Symonds-Sharma incident. I think it was dumb Sharma got fined and Dhoni and the Indians have the right to feel aggrieved that they were singled out for something relatively harmless but to say stuff like that should be banned and cracked down on? Cmon.
I called on a complete ban on sledging after Symonds-Harbhajan incident. Obviously, it hasn't improved anything. And yes, stuff like that should net you a match ban.

ret

International Debutant
Good stuff. Hayden speaks the truth and adds some more fire to the series.

I think the Australians generally get along with the Indian team pretty well. I'd say a majority of them can have a good chat and laugh after a game. Harbhajan seems to be an exception to this though. And given some of the things he's done lately, you can't blame the Australians for hating him.
so r u implying that everyone playing against OZ have to have a good chat and a laugh with them after the game to be in their good books 8-)

why would anyone give a damn abt being in an OZ player's good book?

cheers